Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Video

Thundersteel

Hi everyone! Thought you'd all be interested in a short video about Heritage Guitars.

Caution: may be objectionable to some viewers--contains Gibson content!  :o

http://www.wwmt.com/engine.pl?station=wwmt...kout_local.html

That was a great video, thanks for linking it here, Thundersteel.  Living in Michigan it's easy to get caught up in the "woe is me" attitude when the economy takes a downturn and companies go through reductions or outright move.  But, there will always be those who see change as opportunity and make the best of it; the Heritage folks seem to have done just that. 

Excellent news story and video!

Ya know, even though Heritage had its beginnings as a result of Gibson pulling out of Kalamazoo, Michigan, I'm glad that Gibson decided to remain in the USA for it's continued manufacturing.  So many American companies moved their entire operations to more profitable facilities around the globe.  Plus, have you noticed how much harder Gibson has worked to improve its quality since Heritage dipped its corporate toes into the 'handbuilt' high quality guitar market?  Now Heritage is taking steps to address its growing pains, while maintaining high quality, and  comparative lower prices.  Nothing like a little fair market competition to make things better for the consumer.

OK, I'll get off of my soap box now.  :)

it was exciting to watch. the history of that building and machines and the knowhow of the cats at heritage.

i wonder how far berkley, mi is to kalamazoo.

i want to do bruce egnater's amp building seminar.

maybe i could manage a trip to the heritage factory!

Berkley is in the (central) Detroit metro-area.  Kalamazoo is about two and a half hours west.  I've suggested to my wife that we cruise down there on a Wednesday and take the tour.  She's thinking not so much. :

You could offer her the chance to stop at a couple of the wineries along the way, maybe she'll change her mind  :)

You could offer her the chance to stop at a couple of the wineries along the way, maybe she'll change her mind  :)

I tried.  We're going up to the cottage (Traverse City) on Wednesday, for the long weekend.  I suggested heading to Ka'zoo instead.  Had a whole three day thing planned out which allowed me to get to the factory on Wednesday for the tour.  Apparently I'm a week too late in suggesting alternatives.  :'(  I think I'll go buy that Millenium DC now to make myself feel better.  ;D

I think I'll go buy that Millenium DC now to make myself feel better.  ;D

Seeeeee --- then you can explain to your wife that if she would have let you go to the Heritage factory, you woudn't have HAD to purchase a new guitar... throw some of that female logic back at her... somehow make it her fault you HAD to buy a new guitar... :o :o :o

We will be within about 200 miles of the Heritage factory this fall.  I hope we can make it. 

My wife and kids would love to see how they make guitars. 

Seeeeee --- then you can explain to your wife that if she would have let you go to the Heritage factory, you woudn't have HAD to purchase a new guitar... throw some of that female logic back at her... somehow make it her fault you HAD to buy a new guitar... :o :o :o

I tried using female "logic" this past weekend.  She was upset because I didn't give her the answer she wanted about something I knew nothing about (a particular car seat that she was looking at).  On the way home, she said, "How was I supposed to know you weren't looking at that feature?"  I thought about it a second and said, "Well, how was *I* supposed to know *you* didn't know I wasn't looking at that feature?"  I swear I saw smoke come out of her ears, but that was the end of the "discussion."  8)

I tried using female "logic" this past weekend.  She was upset because I didn't give her the answer she wanted about something I knew nothing about (a particular car seat that she was looking at).  On the way home, she said, "How was I supposed to know you weren't looking at that feature?"  I thought about it a second and said, "Well, how was *I* supposed to know *you* didn't know I wasn't looking at that feature?"  I swear I saw smoke come out of her ears, but that was the end of the "discussion."   8)

+1

Too Funny!

Archived