Heritage Owners Club

Took my H 170 to the repair man....

brentrocks

...and had the frets dressed and filed.  When i bought it i was worried that it had to be re-fretted, but my repair guy said let me have it for a few days.  He did an awesome job.  He replaced the nut, filed the frets, re-set the action/neck.  The action is super low and plays wonderful now!!!  Check out what he did!!!

BEFORE:

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/P1010021.jpg[/img]

AFTER:

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/P1010031.jpg[/img]

AND I HAD THE CAMERA OUT SO...NEW FAMILY PIC!!! ;D ;D

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/P1010034.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/P1010033.jpg[/img]

Very wise decision. That is a nice "gaggle" of guitars you have there.....or perhaps a different collective noun should be used...."harem"? :)

Cheers.

:D  Thanks dude...i'm extreemly happy w/ my Heritages!!!

I am driving out to Kalamazoo on Wednesday. Taking my 150 to have Ren take a look at it. Its got a twisted neck and I have been trying to hydrate and hang it but I am betting they have much better resources to straighten and or fix this situation for me. I will probably be leaving her therBe for them to do what they do... I am bummed but looking forward to getting her playing the way she should be. 

I am driving out to Kalamazoo on Wednesday. Taking my 150 to have Ren take a look at it. Its got a twisted neck and I have been trying to hydrate and hang it but I am betting they have much better resources to straighten and or fix this situation for me. I will probably be leaving her therBe for them to do what they do... I am bummed but looking forward to getting her playing the way she should be. 

oh yeah?  did you buy it new?  i wonder if that falls under "warranty" work?  i hope it all works out for ya.

Dude,

1st. sorry to hijack your thread.... I should have started a new topic. And yes. I did buy it new and I think it will fall under warranty but its been past a year so they would have to be pretty cool to work with me on this. It sounded like they were willing to work with me in terms of this being a warranty type deal. Either way, I am looking forward to the day off and quiet time driving to Kalamazoo. I still love that guitar I just want it to be right.

Dude,

1st. sorry to hijack your thread.... I should have started a new topic. And yes. I did buy it new and I think it will fall under warranty but its been past a year so they would have to be pretty cool to work with me on this. It sounded like they were willing to work with me in terms of this being a warranty type deal. Either way, I am looking forward to the day off and quiet time driving to Kalamazoo. I still love that guitar I just want it to be right.

dude, i dont care if you hijack it...its all about the guitars here!!

if i dont have anything going Wed. maybe i could meet you down there and we could go get some lunch or something?  are you driving back the same day? 

Yep,

I am going to try and get there around noon, talk to Ren, take the tour, hit Bells, then drive back. Unless of course, they can fix it up that day but I doubt it. I am going to have a car full of goodies! (mini kegs). I know I am probably repeating myself but due to widespread corruption in Illinois regarding beer distribution, Bells pulled out of illinois market entirely and you can't get their beer anywhere in the state. Besides Heritage, Kalamazoo is the home to one of the top beers in the country in my opinion and I plan on stocking up while i am in mecca.

Yep,

I am going to try and get there around noon, talk to Ren, take the tour, hit Bells, then drive back. Unless of course, they can fix it up that day but I doubt it. I am going to have a car full of goodies! (mini kegs). I know I am probably repeating myself but due to widespread corruption in Illinois regarding beer distribution, Bells pulled out of illinois market entirely and you can't get their beer anywhere in the state. Besides Heritage, Kalamazoo is the home to one of the top beers in the country in my opinion and I plan on stocking up while i am in mecca.

that sound like a plan...Heritage, Bells, beer, lunch...i hope i can meet ya there!!!!

Archived