Heritage Owners Club

Hey that new amp day is catchy!

Heaten up some 6L6's as we speak!!! Any body here got Boogies?

I used to have a Dual Rectifier, but it had too much power for me. It was also too complicated to use (for me, anyway). I sold it, and got my present amp--Marshall DSL 50.

However, Mesas are built like tanks. But they're just not for me.

I have a Lone Star, S/N 450. Love it. Tully has one too, I do believe.

I am trying to read the ser# on mine L-3971 . This thing has got a lot to read in the manual. Had a Lone Star special with that beige body and saddle leather corners but wanted the 6L6 's instead of the EL84's. This one is the classic in Black with the 50-100 watt range not the new one that goes down to 10 watts. Do you have any magic settings you love on yours. I am trying out the optional settings in the manual and also trying the settings Andy Timmons uses on his rig.

Congrats on the new amp.

Had a couple of Mesa's. Love my LS. I have a head going into a closed 212 cab with V30's. My settings dont work so well with a combo and c90's.

Mine has the 10w option but I have both channels on 100w, full power and silicon diodes settings.

I played through a few fenders the other night and all I could think about was how I wish I had my LS......I used to be a total fender amp fan boy.

I am trying to read the ser# on mine L-3971 . This thing has got a lot to read in the manual. Had a Lone Star special with that beige body and saddle leather corners but wanted the 6L6 's instead of the EL84's. This one is the classic in Black with the 50-100 watt range not the new one that goes down to 10 watts. Do you have any magic settings you love on yours. I am trying out the optional settings in the manual and also trying the settings Andy Timmons uses on his rig.

Mine is the blue/purple-ish leatherette. 100w/50w, as well. Love the 6L6s in it. Tried EL34s. Didn't think it handled those as well. No real magic settings. Basically ON works for me. <lol> Mine's a combo, 1x12. Heavy as h*ll. Somewhere over 90lbs. It rarely leaves the music room. Even with the massive casters.

Mine is the blue/purple-ish leatherette. 100w/50w, as well. Love the 6L6s in it. Tried EL34s. Didn't think it handled those as well. No real magic settings. Basically ON works for me. <lol> Mine's a combo, 1x12. Heavy as h*ll. Somewhere over 90lbs. It rarely leaves the music room. Even with the massive casters.

I have the 2/12 combo LS prolly a little heavier that way. I do use the 50 and the tweed setting more for now but will migrate to the full throttle later. Thanks for the reply!

Mike

I have the 2/12 combo LS prolly a little heavier that way. I do use the 50 and the tweed setting more for now but will migrate to the full throttle later. Thanks for the reply!

Mike

Don't be too much in a hurry to get out of tweed power mode in an amp that powerful...a buddy of mine has a LSC in a head version, the cleans were gorgeously excellent in particular. I also have a Mesa amp, also have boutique amps. The personally tweaked 30-35 watt Mesa 2/12 Maverick rules the roost in my amp quiver. When I put a 100 watt rated custom build Weber MASS between the amp and speakers, it became something quite magically special to play a Heritage guitar through.

Congrats on getting yourself a great amp! You just got started on a serious Mesa journey...Bon Voyage!

Archived