Heritage Owners Club

Oh, Crap... Honey, it followed me home, really!

Kuz

Well, yea this isn't the amp page, BUT.... I did have an old amp follow me home Thursday and I am gonna keep her.

She is a 1960 or 1961 Gibson.

Anyone, want to take a guess at what she is???? (Mike- Slidder 13 - is not eligible, in that I had to go to the Mount for advice first!!!)

$500 and tone for days. Really sounds better than my '64 Gibson Falcon!!!!!

Well, yea this isn't the amp page, BUT.... I did have an old amp follow me home Thursday and I am gonna keep her.

She is a 1960 or 1961 Gibson.

Anyone, want to take a guess at what she is???? (Mike- Slidder 13 - is not eligible, in that I had to go to the Mount for advice first!!!)

$500 and tone for days. Really sounds better than my '64 Gibson Falcon!!!!!

If it isn't a Heritage guitar take it to the proper page

If not an Explorer or an Invader... maybe a Discoverer... :thumbsup:

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

Pics to come, let me run down stairs and snap a few.

1962 (I have to check the dating for sure) Gibson Discoverer GA-8T

She is a solid 8 out of 10, and sounds a lot better. Usually you see these in white or cream, but brown was a transition year I believe. I searched and found a couple others in this color so she is original, but definitely rarer.

Sounds great cranked 75% and believe it or not, with the volume at 3-4 she takes OD pedals wonderfully!

_DSC4702web.jpg

_DSC4703web2.jpg

_DSC4704web3.jpg

_DSC4705web4.jpg

Close ups (check out where is puppy was made!!!!)

_DSC4708web5.jpg

_DSC4715web6.jpg

Congrat's!!! That is some catch!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!

1962 (I have to check the dating for sure) Gibson Discoverer GA-8T

She is a solid 8 out of 10, and sounds a lot better. Usually you see these in white or cream, but brown was a transition year I believe. I searched and found a couple others in this color so she is original, but definitely rarer.

Sounds great cranked 75% and believe it or not, with the volume at 3-4 she takes OD pedals wonderfully!

Very nice John! These were transition amps indeed. The smooth brown tolex was short lived and was found between 1963 and 1964 and wasn't used on all models. These were transition because the "Crestline" series amps were already in production and "leftover" chassis' and cabinets of the older model designs had to match the color of the new brown Crestlines! This happened at Fender with the leftover tweed Champ chassis' and cabinets. They were released in '64 with black tolex.

Oh, and don't push that speaker with a pedal. They're known to blow quite easily.

Sweet..Gibson amps rock!! that is a very nice specimen..Enjoy!! :thumbsup: you are absolutely right about them taking pedals well..My gibsonette just LOVES my tube Screamer..

And this brings the total to .... ? :D Hope you drag this one up to the picnic. The one your brought last year was killer. This one looks just as awesome!

I never like to "kiss & tell" on the number of amps, LOL.

But lets just say I love these bargain killer vintage amps!!! $450 for this guy and $350 for the Falcon!!!

At those prices I'm not sleeping in the dog house (and the guy is giving me $250 on a trade in for POC modeling amp!)

Archived