Heritage Owners Club

What's on your pedalboard?

GuitArtMan

Came up with a new mini pedal-board because I don't really use any efx in front of any of my amps but I do use the same wireless receiver & tuner for all my amps and moving those from one rig to the next just became a PITA. So I got a Boss BCB-30 box to mount them along with a Sanyo Pedal Juice rechargeable battery pack and voila, problem solved. Now I can easily move this simple board from one rig to another and not have to worry about powering the wireless or the tuner.

003-6.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right - you probably couldn't build anything cheaper.

Btw, has anyone got the Suhr Riot? It's supposed to be a great hi gain pedal for clean amps.

I built my pedalboard with wood from an old pallet and a can of spray paint..It ain't pretty but it works..but you know what? Since I got the Cavern Club, I'm using the pedals less and less ... I'm just using overdrive and the reverb on the amp..

I just added two Demeter pedals and absolutely love them.

1 st is a reverbulator real spring reverb, has two three spring reverb tanks in it. Sounds superb, very lush.

2nd was a fat over driveulator. Mid boost and overdrive. Really like this too but it is had to explain, kinda like a fuzz and of in the same package.

Guest HRB853370

I've become a big fan of loopers. Just makes setup more flexible and/or convenient, and makes it possible to get stuff out of the signal path when you don't need it. ...not to mention the potential savings of wear and tear on the back.

What exactly does a looper do?

What exactly does a looper do?

It lets you put chorus, other modulation and delay pedals in the effects loop, using short leads to preserve your tone. The pedals are always switched on and connected to a box which is connected to the effects loop of the amp. A remote footswitch switches the pedals in and out of the effects loop. The one I'm using (Gig Rig's Remote Loopy 2) can be seen here - http://www.thegigrig...te_Loopy-2.html. Since the pedals are sitting on top of the amp you don't have to bend down to change settings.

Not to be confused with the other sort of looper like the Boss Loopstation which lets you record and overdub yourself in real time...

Here's my little toy board:

post-864-0-47861400-1330990573_thumb.jpg

@koula901:

These are my pedals:

Top row, left to right: EHX Holier Grail (reverb) - VoodooLab Pedal Power2 on top - Lehle P-Swtich - Xotic AC Boost - Xotic BB preamp - general power switch - tuner

-

2nd row, left to right: the gigrig generator - MXR Dynacomp - Line 6 MM4 (big blue box)

3rd row, left to right: the gigrig pro 14 - Line 6 DL 4 - Cry Baby Wah

The two big Line6 boxes are for delay (green) an chrous, trem, vibe, phaser (blue)

All pedals are always ON

All pedals are controlled by the gigrig pro 14. You can route the boxes to one of the gigrigs foot switches.

That means you can create presets (maybe a delay, a distortion box plus the compressor on footswitch (loop) no. 1) plus you can assign each pedal to every preset you've already created (ex: you have a preset with a chorus effect and a delay and now you wish to dial in the ac boost on top for a solo).

The system is very flexible, very user friendly, because it's all hardware and the routing of the pedals to the gigrig pro 14 works via dip switches.

Because you have a lot of loops available, only the modelling pedals which are engaged, go through the send/return of the amp. The distortion pedals and the compressor are going through another loop straight into the amp.

These keeps your signal quality on a high level, because you don't have any humm etc.

It lets you put chorus, other modulation and delay pedals in the effects loop, using short leads to preserve your tone. The pedals are always switched on and connected to a box which is connected to the effects loop of the amp. A remote footswitch switches the pedals in and out of the effects loop. The one I'm using (Gig Rig's Remote Loopy 2) can be seen here - http://www.thegigrig...te_Loopy-2.html. Since the pedals are sitting on top of the amp you don't have to bend down to change settings.

Not to be confused with the other sort of looper like the Boss Loopstation which lets you record and overdub yourself in real time...

Even Jeff Beck uses two loopy 2's on his board.

I know - I thought that if it's good enough for JB, it's good enough for me! Gig Rig gear is high quality.

That's right. I replan my little pedalboard. I could handle everything with 2 Loopy 2 and a remote loopy. That means no long audio connections and the pedals would be placed on the amp or nearby.

The gigrig stuff is really high tech. And in the very beginning when I got my gigrig system, I had some questions and Daniel from the gigrig was so nice and helpful. Great guys!!

Archived