Heritage Owners Club

What's on your pedalboard?

GuitArtMan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, way to resurrect an old thread! I started reading it, and realized I didn't know who half of the people were on it, then looked at the dates, haha. I've got a Boss TU-2 Tuner, a CMATMODS modded Boss DS-1 that is NOTHING like the original pedal, a Fullton OCD, a DeltaLabs Digital Delay and a DeltaLabs Stereo Chorus. That's what's on there TODAY....

My bad, Something got screwey last night while I was on the board, I was thinking, how did I miss that. I didn't realize I was looking at old threads. I think I may have posted on another old one too.

I need to cut back on my drinking!

Classic Rock before the 80's is REAL Classic rock! Not that there aren't some exceptions... (Van Halen, AC/DC, The Cult..."

Love The Cult, seems like they are almost forgotten band nowadays. I think we may work up a version of Sweet Soul Sister. :icon_thumleft:

You're right - you probably couldn't build anything cheaper.

Btw, has anyone got the Suhr Riot? It's supposed to be a great hi gain pedal for clean amps.

have been laying out a pedalboard - on an IKEA wood frame thingie; have never gigged with one. mostly i just bring a Tim pedal to a gig. but the IKEAboard layout right now is something like:

• E-H POG 2
  • Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
  • Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator
  • TC Electronic Flashback
  • BJFE Pink Purple Fuzz
  • JTK Harmonics Alchemy
  • JTK Harmonics Delirium
  • Tim
  • Xotic Effects X-blender

have been laying out a pedalboard - on an IKEA wood frame thingie; have never gigged with one. mostly i just bring a Tim pedal to a gig. but the IKEAboard layout right now is something like:

• E-H POG 2
  • Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
  • Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator
  • TC Electronic Flashback
  • BJFE Pink Purple Fuzz
  • JTK Harmonics Alchemy
  • JTK Harmonics Delirium
  • Tim
  • Xotic Effects X-blender

what do the following do? E-H Pog 2, Flashback, Alchemy, Delirium , effects x-blender?

@t0aj15: did you put your new wah pedal on your pedal board yet, or will you have it off to the side?

mistake - that was tsp17 who got the new wah - sorry folks. your names are too similar.

Since buying the Ceriatone, I've had a bit of a re-think about my pedal needs. While the Rocktron Intellifex worked well, I prefer to use pedals as there are more opportunities to change settings on the fly with knobs than with menus. Making a remote switch for the Peavey Valverb was straightforward, and I found that the TC Flashback delay worked well in the effects loop. Needing a chorus pedal, I bought a TC Corona, not particularly expensive and a great sounding pedal which also works well in the loop. The problem was how to put them in the loop without using long leads, the solution was the Gig Rig Remote Loopy 2 (http://www.thegigrig...te_Loopy-2.html). The Remote Loopy 2 has two loops into which you connect the pedals which are left switched on. The remote footswitch brings them into the loop or bypasses them. I also found a great Leslie simulator in the Strymon Lex.

So now the set up (which isn't yet on a pedal board) is as follows -

Guitar -> Ernie Ball Wah -> Strymon Lex -> Ceriatone -> (send) Remote Loopy 2 [TC Corona and TC Flashback connected to the loops in the Loopy 2] -> Peavey Valverb -> (return) Ceriatone.

The Corona and Flashback now sit on top of the Valverb, which is on top of the Ceriatone. The Remote Loopy footswitch connects to the Remote Loopy with a stereo jack cable, as does the switch for the Valverb. I can change the settings on the delay and chorus without having to bend down!

post-1813-0-99616900-1327058242_thumb.jpg

post-1813-0-16977000-1327058271_thumb.jpg

Sorta just kinda think that this is it for a while. Spent time today sorting it out as far as sounds go. Just need to hook it up a bit more permanent and useable.

A bit surprised what hasnt made it on and what has so far.

What happened to to Timmy? Hard to beleive the Dano beat out Paul C. And hard to beleive the Jekyl & Hyde got a spot over some of the other pedals.

Sold the timmy. It really only worked in a few instances. I tried it at gigs and with different amps but while its a cool stomp and you can hear the quality it just didnt do any thing I didnt already have. It worked really well with the Zendrive but for two songs out of maybe 80 its got no place on a board.

I was suprised about the J&H as well. I use the two stomps as one. Its actually pretty good for the sound I wanted but I kept over looking it.

Hey Tully I think you might have posted a little reveiw somewhere, but can you gimmie a quick rundown on the Hall of Fame? I'm probably going to add a reverb pedal to the board, and if it's on your board it must be a pretty good one.

Dunno, Ive got a cheap dano on my board that I rate above stomps that every one else loves and go on three month waiting lists for.

I dont think my personal choices are indicative of any particular stomps quality or sound.

But, for what its worth,

Hall of fame:

It doesnt take up much space, it runs off 9v, its not noisy, it does what I hope it would. Its not as good as any of the reverbs on any of my amps.

The other option I had to choose from was the Trex room mate. Its bigger and takes 12v which meant powering up became convoluted. Thats the only reason that the hall of fame is there. I didnt a/b them. I just looked at power and space as the primary considerations.

Also it seems to work pretty good in the amps fx loop or in front of a clean amp. Its a nice clean reverb but not real digital or cheesy sounding.

As for all its functions and features, I only use one setting and leave it there, so Im not sure what else it does.

The thing Ive noticed about reverbs and delays( the way I use them at least) is, through the font of house it almost doesnt matter what you use and in the stage mix its not that important either. At home I can hear the difference. ymmv :)

Since buying the Ceriatone, I've had a bit of a re-think about my pedal needs. While the Rocktron Intellifex worked well, I prefer to use pedals as there are more opportunities to change settings on the fly with knobs than with menus. Making a remote switch for the Peavey Valverb was straightforward, and I found that the TC Flashback delay worked well in the effects loop. Needing a chorus pedal, I bought a TC Corona, not particularly expensive and a great sounding pedal which also works well in the loop. The problem was how to put them in the loop without using long leads, the solution was the Gig Rig Remote Loopy 2 (http://www.thegigrig...te_Loopy-2.html). The Remote Loopy 2 has two loops into which you connect the pedals which are left switched on. The remote footswitch brings them into the loop or bypasses them. I also found a great Leslie simulator in the Strymon Lex.

So now the set up (which isn't yet on a pedal board) is as follows -

Guitar -> Ernie Ball Wah -> Strymon Lex -> Ceriatone -> (send) Remote Loopy 2 [TC Corona and TC Flashback connected to the loops in the Loopy 2] -> Peavey Valverb -> (return) Ceriatone.

The Corona and Flashback now sit on top of the Valverb, which is on top of the Ceriatone. The Remote Loopy footswitch connects to the Remote Loopy with a stereo jack cable, as does the switch for the Valverb. I can change the settings on the delay and chorus without having to bend down!

I've become a big fan of loopers. Just makes setup more flexible and/or convenient, and makes it possible to get stuff out of the signal path when you don't need it. ...not to mention the potential savings of wear and tear on the back.

I've become a big fan of loopers. Just makes setup more flexible and/or convenient, and makes it possible to get stuff out of the signal path when you don't need it. ...not to mention the potential savings of wear and tear on the back.

When I saw on the Gig Rig website that Jeff Beck uses a Remote Loopy 2, I thought, "If it's good enough for Jeff Beck, it's good enough for me!" Definitely agree about the flexibility and convenience aspect.

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see that you rejected the OCD in favor of the Bad Monkey...

They are different types of od with a different eq thing going on. Im not sure they cross over in many places. At least not in the place I needed.

The Bad Monkey operates with the Hyde side of the J&H, the ocd didnt work there. It didnt work anywhere.

Archived