Heritage Owners Club

Swart Space Tone Reverb

conorb

Just picked up a new STR in dark tweed.

Five watts of pure bliss.

I had never heard one before and it sounded so much like an original '65 Princeton Reverb that I just decided to buy it.

Took me all of 10 minutes to have it loaded up and in the car.

Left the house with two amps came home with three.

What fun.

conorb

This one? Man , that sounds like a rockin' amp....

SpaceToneReverb-frontALT.jpgSpaceToneReverb-back.jpg

The Space Tone Reverb - Tweed! The new STR-Tweed is basically an ST-6V6se on Steroids " HOTTEST BREAKUP OF ANY SWART YET! ....Or Switch to Cleans! STR-Tweed Specifications include: 5W CLASS A ~ JUST INSANELY BIG TONE BREAKUP! Single-Ended Output - Zero Negative Feedback. 100% Tube Circuit - GZ34 or 5Y3 Valve Rectifier. Big Swart Tube Reverb - Foot Switchable. Hot and Clean mode Switch. Powered by your choice of 6V6 ~ 6L6 ~ EL-34 (comes w/6V6)! Tube compliment- 2) 12AX7, 1)JJ 12DW7, 1) EH 6V6GT and 1) GZ34 Rectifier. The amp also features a Point to Point Hand Wired Circuit, Cathode Biased (no need to bias), Carbon Comp Resistors ~ Mallory Caps, Cloth Hook-Up Wire, Hi/Lo Inputs for High & Low powered Pickups, Standby Switch for tube warm-up, extending tube life, Star Grounding and 4/8 ohm 1/4" Output to Drive other Speaker/Cabinet.

I got the dark tweed one.

3473671143_813a84af08.jpg

Without the high gain switch engaged I find the sound to be quite similar to an old Fender.

Albeit a bit on steroids. ):

conorb

Cool, I really like the Dark Tweed... ( if I had read closer , I would have seen that...)

These little guys aren't cheap either, Quality components ... what size speaker?

Cool, I really like the Dark Tweed... ( if I had read closer , I would have seen that...)

These little guys aren't cheap either, Quality components ... what size speaker?

It's a 12" speaker so you get a bigger/fuller sound over say a 10 or an 8" speaker. I played the new Fender 57 (something or other) but it only had a 8" speaker and sounded really flat. The Princeton Reverb RI also sounded a little blah but it could've been the actual unit. I tried another one at another time and it sounded better. Maybe it was just more broken in or something.

I tried and really liked the Victoria amps. They were really amazing but a little loud/big for my room. The five watts in the Swart is more than enough.

I was really considering getting a Samamp. I'd seen a few videos of it on-line and it looked really, really versatile, with the ability to switch between 23 and 3 watts but it didn't have reverb and no dealer in the area and, and, and...

When a local, well reasonably close store, started carrying Swart, I went down, tried it out, and brought it home.

So far, I'm pretty happy.

I have one also Conorb. Like it with a 5y3 and NOS 6V6... can't say it sounds like a blackface Princeton. More like a tweed deluxe but real thick.

No lugs will be brazed tomorrow.

Nope, you're right about that, besides, I'm still working on these.

morelugs-002.jpg

morelugs-001.jpg

morelugs-003.jpg

conorb

Archived