Heritage Owners Club

A favour from a US-based forum member please?

H

Could I ask a favour from a US-based member of this forum please? I'm trying to get two cream pickup mounting rings for my 535 as you may have seen from other threads I've started on here. I've contacted Ren at Heritage who confirms they have them and that a pair, plus postage to the UK, will cost me $25.

So far so good. Now the problem - I can't buy a US Money Order in the UK. An International Bank Draft will cost me the same again in fees. Heritage seems reluctant to accept cash in the post.

What I'm looking for is a forum member who has a Paypal account who will allow me to send $25 to them (plus a bit extra for the postage, help, etc) and will arrange the US Money Order for Heritage. I'll supply a covering letter to Heritage with the address details, etc. Paypal keeps your bank details private so there's no issue with that.

Anyone interested in helping me out?

You can buy them in the UK. I bought a pair here in Australia. didnt cost 25 us dollars either. Theyre just Schaller p/up rings! Unless theyre just generic single hole p/up rings.

The only stockist I've found, Guitarbitz.com, doesn't have stock of one of the pair until June. Additionally, their ones are not shaped on the bottom to sit on a contoured guitar like the 535. Neither are the ones you can buy directly from Schaller.

In short, my quickest and best option is to buy direct from Heritage.

The only stockist I've found, Guitarbitz.com, doesn't have stock of one of the pair until June. Additionally, their ones are not shaped on the bottom to sit on a contoured guitar like the 535. Neither are the ones you can buy directly from Schaller.

Have you tried thomann ?

http://www.thomann.de/

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?x...amp;x=0&y=0

Oh.....I just shape my own. You can use the existing ones as a template. I think I paid $4 ea.(AU)

Given that the ones Heritage put on seem to crack the moment you buy the guitar(or before they leave the store) seems like it might be cheaper to shape your own in the long run.

I left the cracked ones on because it seems more......authentic.

Oh.....I just shape my own.

I haven't done this before and I'm not sure I want to start now :good_mini:

I understand I can buy them cheaper if I want to shape them myself but they're not cheaper if I screw up the contour more than once. They're £5.95 apiece in the UK, before postage, etc. That goes up the moment I get into other currencies and other countries' postage charges. $25 works out to about £17, so it's not such a premium to buy the Heritage bits in my case.

I'm not afraid of upgrading bits and pieces as you'll see from my other posts, but, in this case, I'd sooner buy something that will be a 'fit and forget' option.

I haven't done this before and I'm not sure I want to start now :good_mini:

I understand I can buy them cheaper if I want to shape them myself but they're not cheaper if I screw up the contour more than once. They're £5.95 apiece in the UK, before postage, etc. That goes up the moment I get into other currencies and other countries' postage charges. $25 works out to about £17, so it's not such a premium to buy the Heritage bits in my case.

I'm not afraid of upgrading bits and pieces as you'll see from my other posts, but, in this case, I'd sooner buy something that will be a 'fit and forget' option.

H..I don't have a pay pal account but if you want to mail a money order to me i will send the money on to Heritage with your order..would that work?

I have a paypal acct send me an email to mbsn7789@q.com and the cover letter to Heritage with shipping instructions and i will send them a US Postal money order for you .

Cheers Mike

H..I don't have a pay pal account but if you want to mail a money order to me i will send the money on to Heritage with your order..would that work?

Thanks for the offer but the problem is that I can't get a US money order in the UK...

I have a paypal acct send me an email to mbsn7789@q.com and the cover letter to Heritage with shipping instructions and i will send them a US Postal money order for you .

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike - I'll be in touch shortly B)

Hi H.,

Why don't you try 'Antones' guitars in Hull,Yorkshire.I know they stock many guitar parts.I've seen some U.S. made cream Mighty Mite pickup surrounds in there,and I doubt they'll cost $25.It's my local guitar shop,so if you telephone 01482 445733 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              01482 445733      end_of_the_skype_highlighting,and speak to Phil,Tony or Dan,I'm sure they'd help.They have a web site too,with on line paying facilities.You could e.mail them at :

www.antonesguitars.com

Best wishes.

Peter Alton Green ( U.K.)

Hi Peter,

please see post number 6 above for the reason I want to deal directly with Heritage on this. Thanks all for the various suggestions on where I can buy these but I'm happy to buy them from Heritage and Jazzerous is kindly helping me to do that B)

If it does not work out for ya, I have a paypal also. Just PM me. Good luck. If you buy my wife and I tickets to Australia, I will personally deliver them and help install them.

I think any ring shaped for a Les Paul top will work. You just need to drill a few tiny holes for the leveling screws. Of course I might be full of Bully Beef......

Thanks for the various offers of help for this. Jazzerous and I have worked this out and I should have the bits soon. Pics when they're on

If you buy my wife and I tickets to Australia, I will personally deliver them and help install them.

Thanks! Will I have to go to Australia too? I live in the UK... :huh:

Archived