Heritage Owners Club

Newbie to HOC.

W9SIX

Thanks for that and just to get everyone else up to speed on this one... The "P" stands for Poplar in the body as opposed to Mahogany (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't mean to offend so please don't take this personally but it's such a pity it's in black. I'd have preferred a burst or natural finish to get a good look at the woods. :'(

I don't doubt it doesn't matter a damn to the quality or playability I just like transparent finishes :P

Anyway... If yer selling... Get it advertised on here quick..... (Please) :-*

Welcome to the club!

Nice gee-tar!

I may be mistaken, but isn't that a 140? I thought 150s had the trapezoidal inlays, while the 140s had the dot inlays.

It's still posted at TGP, but I'm considering some different p/ups, bridge and stoptail just to see what differences it may make. I'm kind of on a tone quest right now. The thing just feels so natural to play. better than any gibson type so far and it's a long list. I thought it was a 140 also, but the control cover plate says H-150-p on the inside. Saw that while swapping in the burstbuckers a while back. Anyway, as mentioned in another thread, I think I'm missing the typical Allman Bros tones because of the poplar body intstead of mahogany, but may try a few more p/up types before cutting it loose. I also love the trans finishes but just love the contrast of the black/creme parts and aged nickel. But I'm not objective really because it plays so well.

What pickups do you have in it now?  I have a set of Razor pickups for sale that are pretty hot, if you're going for a smooth distorted tone.

I have Dimarzios in my 150P and they are probably too high-output for my tastes.  I like the traditional bridge and stop tailpiece, and TonePros is a good option for that.

Also, my 150P is gold-top all over (no wood grain showing), and I like that on this guitar.

Is that common to al "P" guitars?

Is Poplar particularly ugly ???

poplar is a green/grayish wood...it is technically a hardwood.  i use it a lot in trim work, window jambs, base trim and casing trim.  it is considered a "paint grade" wood.  i think it is a lot cheaper than mahogany, but maybe not as cheap as basswood?

What pickups do you have in it now?  I have a set of Razor pickups for sale that are pretty hot, if you're going for a smooth distorted tone.

I have Dimarzios in my 150P and they are probably too high-output for my tastes.  I like the traditional bridge and stop tailpiece, and TonePros is a good option for that.

Also, my 150P is gold-top all over (no wood grain showing), and I like that on this guitar.

I actually just swapped the currently installed Burstbuckers for a set of Duncan 59's over at the for sale page. I'll keep you all posted on the tone quest. Thanks. Matt

Well, I made him a deal that we could swap back if he's not satisfied for any reason. So, not sure which one's I'll end up with. Still, shipping twice is a whole lot cheaper than buying new sets to try.

Welcome to the HOC!  Seems as though you've already a good feel for how it goes around here; pics, swapping p'ups, stirring things up a little on a Sunday afternoon.  Nicely done!  Looking forward to your posts.

And as far as poplar goes: remember this has always been a favoured tone wood for classical instruments like cello's and double bass. My Parker Fly de Luxe has a poplar body too, but the 'inventor' put a so called exoskeleton of strong glass fiber material around it because it is so soft. Those Parkers are world famous for their sustain.

Therefore a p-heritage may be different but not necessarily less interesting than a mahogany one. Is there a maple cap on the p-ones too?

The dot inlays indicate a H150 Special.

That model discontinued last year.

Chico

Archived