Brazillian Rosewood Fretboard

Trapezoid MOP inlays

Bone Nut

Vintage Style Tuning Keys

Chrome Hardware

Tune-o-matic bridge, etc.

Off-white binding

OSB or DAB

Drop in Pickup System for swapping out Soap Bar P90s or HRWs at whim. :-)

That is about identical to my #2 as well, except I'd have mine in Antique Natural...and a whammy bar!

Not!

Allready got the ultimate - my H157 black beauty (custom upgraded) for my LP-pref's and for my DC-pref's, brentrocks late H170 CMSM, which I'm certain will make it's way as one of my main axe's on stage (off goes the LP DC).

If I could choose one more and had the chance to add my own flawour, it would be:

Basically a H140CM (just like the size and shape):

- Ultra Maple Top

- Almond Sunburst or Burnt Amber

- One piece mahogany back

- Cream binding on body, fingerboard and headstock

- 2 duncans, zebras

- Ebony fretboard w/ Trapezoid MOP inlays - 12 fret, my initials/tag in MOP

- No pickguard attached

- Chrome hardware

- Schaller std. bridge/tailpiece

That's it!

I'm just going to hide in this thread as I think I've probably offended just about everyone over at Gibbon returns to Kalamazoo...

Had no idea you folks "across the pond" were so on board with pure cold hearted American capitalism. Problem is, over here. we see the results of it everyday, and the promises the captians of industry make to "give back" to the communities, which never seems to happen on the scale they promise. Just like politicians, who in this country go hand in hand.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the freedoms here, but when folks who are supposed to know better abuse those freedoms (Ron Lay of Enron R.I H.) then the citizens of this fine country tend to get a little pissed. I think Henry at G Word land is a good target because many feel he is exploiting the American institution that once was Gibson,

Many feel, especially here, that Heritage is a celebration of that institution. New name, old school attitude. Old name, new school attitude-anything for a buck; didn't you see my post about the limited BFG? If that isn't an example of pure corporate greed I don't know what is...

Can't hide here mate  ;D

Had no idea you folks "across the pond" were so on board with pure cold hearted American capitalism.

Can't hide here mate  ;D

I've no particular problem with people earning money.

After all, I'm a capitalist exploiter of the proletariat myself. I run a small business supplying "Local Crew" setting up rock concerts etc.

At the end of the day we all go into it eyes wide open so to speak and to quote another cliche You pays yer money and takes yer choice :P

I've a feeling I got "smited" for slagging off Harley Davidson though :rolleyes:

I've a feeling I got "smited" for slagging off Harley Davidson though

Bikers have a code-NEVER mess with musicians. Has saved my life on more than one occasion. Only exception, don't mess wit their Harley, you can steal their woman, even their stash, but NEVER their Harley.

I'm afraid I have an English perspective on Harley Davidsons which is broadly similar to my views on Gib**n.  I admire their business acumen for surviving against all odds but I wouldn't want to own one.

But there again, I ride a Triumph... So what do I know ;)

Just to qualify... There are of course many English Harley riders who I'm sure are very happy with their... HOG's >:D

Anyway... Back to the thread...

How a bout a "caved" 150 with string through and a wooden/bone bridge for maximum erm... Tonal transfer ???

1. The now-discontinued H-576 shape, but 18" wide like the Super Eagle

2. Solid mahogany back for lightness- Dark Almond stain

3. Vibrant, fiddleback maple sides, like a violin, only 1.5" thick, for less feedback-Antique Natural stain

4. High grade spruce top with a center block to reduce feedback- either Rose Natural or Antique Natural stain

5. They would allow me to ship them a new Ibanez Super 58 neck pickup and Ibanez Amber & Black Speed Knobs

6. Rosewood fretboard, unbound, that has plenty of reddish streaks and no black stain

6. High, jumbo frets

7. Vibrant, curly maple pickguard and peghead          11. Compensated neck, like the Ibanez John Scofield

8. No fretboard inlays so I can do my own                12. Some mercy on the price

9. One-piece mahogany neck- Dark Almond Stain

10. Unbound f-holes for clean appearance

1. The now-discontinued H-576 shape, but 18" wide like the Super Eagle

2. Solid mahogany back for lightness- Dark Almond stain

3. Vibrant, fiddleback maple sides, like a violin, only 1.5" thick, for less feedback-Antique Natural stain

4. High grade spruce top with a center block to reduce feedback- either Rose Natural or Antique Natural stain

5. They would allow me to ship them a new Ibanez Super 58 neck pickup and Ibanez Amber & Black Speed Knobs

6. Rosewood fretboard, unbound, that has plenty of reddish streaks and no black stain

6. High, jumbo frets

7. Vibrant, curly maple pickguard and peghead          11. Compensated neck, like the Ibanez John Scofield

8. No fretboard inlays so I can do my own                12. Some mercy on the price

9. One-piece mahogany neck- Dark Almond Stain

10. Unbound f-holes for clean appearance

You've clearly been giving that some thought  ;D

I'd like a wider at the nut (1 and 7/8's), flatter radius (16" or flatter please), thinner profile neck.  Think nylon-string classical and you are not too far off.

I retro-fit locking tuners onto nearly everything I own.

I can order the pickups I want from Heritage - JB Bridge, Jazz neck (maybe a '59 neck on the next one...).

Nice flamed top... 157 cosmetics...

Apart from that, I wouldn't change anything.

Bikers have a code-NEVER mess with musicians. Has saved my life on more than one occasion. Only exception, don't mess wit their Harley, you can steal their woman, even their stash, but NEVER their Harley.

Tell that to Marty Balin & Mick Jaggler.  Your a "deadmon" Cosmik!  :-[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altamont_Free_Concert

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/arts/04a...F.html?ref=arts

Man, have I been thinking about this.....  To keep Gibson out of Heritage's knickers, I think I have come up with 2 new models that can be customized to taste.  OK, hang with me.

The Redtail.  Named for the hawk common to the US.  It has a firebird shape with a mahogany back and thin carved maple top with a redish/chestnut finish to make this bird howl!  The vivid grain will be fanned away from the bridge pick up in an inverted "V" pattern simulating the tail of the redtailed hawk.  Pick ups are by order, two humbuckers or 3 P-90s.  A Bigsby with the Chet Atkins arm is another option.  All hardware will be gold.  Pickguards are optional.  24 3/4 scale length with choice of thin or chunky necks with trapezoid inlays and rosewood fingerboard.  Price at about the same as the H-150.

The American Kestrel.  Named for the smallest raptor in the US.  Basically a 2 1/2 inch thick 535 body for those of us who want a lot of access to the upper frets but also want some of that deep tone of the Heritage jazz guitars.  This guitar comes in all finishes but mine would be ASB or CSB.  25 1/2 scale ebony fingerboard with Custom Shop blocks.  Choice of neck shapes and pickups.  Mother of pearl and abalone inlay of the American Kestrel on the headstock.  Price at about the same as the H-550.  Bass guitar model available. 

I will be allowed to keep a few of the prototypes......just for evaluation purposes. 

Man, have I been thinking about this.....  To keep Gibson out of Heritage's knickers, I think I have come up with 2 new models that can be customized to taste.  OK, hang with me.

The Redtail.  Named for the hawk common to the US.  It has a firebird shape with a mahogany back and thin carved maple top with a redish/chestnut finish to make this bird howl!  The vivid grain will be fanned away from the bridge pick up in an inverted "V" pattern simulating the tail of the redtailed hawk.  Pick ups are by order, two humbuckers or 3 P-90s.  A Bigsby with the Chet Atkins arm is another option.  All hardware will be gold.  Pickguards are optional.  24 3/4 scale length with choice of thin or chunky necks with trapezoid inlays and rosewood fingerboard.  Price at about the same as the H-150.

The American Kestrel.  Named for the smallest raptor in the US.  Basically a 2 1/2 inch thick 535 body for those of us who want a lot of access to the upper frets but also want some of that deep tone of the Heritage jazz guitars.  This guitar comes in all finishes but mine would be ASB or CSB.  25 1/2 scale ebony fingerboard with Custom Shop blocks.  Choice of neck shapes and pickups.  Mother of pearl and abalone inlay of the American Kestrel on the headstock.  Price at about the same as the H-550.  Bass guitar model available. 

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for... so thanks for the post. I'd like to think, that somewhere, during a tea/coffee break, someone at Heritage may be reading this and thinking... "Hmm... I Wonder"

I'm kinda thinking you may be a little... erm... ornithalogical??? ;D

Does the name Bill oddie mean anything to you? ;)

I will be allowed to keep a few of the prototypes......just for evaluation purposes. 

Something like this you mean ....

fbird.jpg

A guitar like the above, in my opinon, made by Heritage for sheer Mojo Factor alone would kill everything else outright.

[move]I want one ... I want one ... I want one ...  ;D ;D ;D[/move]

Something like this you mean ....

fbird.jpg

A guitar like the above, in my opinon, made by Heritage for sheer Mojo Factor alone would kill everything else outright.

[move]I want one ... I want one ... I want one ...  ;D ;D ;D[/move]

I'll take mine in Inverness Green with two P/U 1033's (the clinical name for mini humbuckers) and a very dark rosewood fretboard thank you !!

I have never heard of Bill Oddie but I did a quick Google search and I think I need to spend some time studying him.  Sounds like a neat man.  I would dig that fat 535 model.  How many people would like to own a semi-hollow body Heritage bass?  I have been out looking for birds today.  I did OK.  The last photo is a decoy that I snuck up on.  You win some.........  http://www.ronwarren.com/birds2/index.htm

Yes, Southpaw, except it would have the thin carved maple cap.  I like the "Firebird" pickup.  Make it an option!  I had a non-reverse firebird for my first guitar.  I think you would love a non-reverse with the controls and pickguard inverted.  The tremolo system like this sucked on my firebird.  Stick a Bigsby like this on there and you would be in business.  http://www.ronwarren.com/trio/img_4285.htm

Slider, are you talking about the same green color as the firebird that Stevie Winwood played with Traffic?

YES !!!!! The bird Winwood used was inverness green. Sort of a surf/seafoam color. I've always loved the tone of a Firebird and am a big Johnny Winter fan. Back in the late 80's a dealer in NY ordered a few from Heritage with the mini humbuckers. I knew the dealer and he actually supplied the pickups from his parts collection. Now that many botique pickup makers are doing a mini, it would be easy to get the one you prefer. Come on Kalamazoo, bring back the Firebird !!

YES !!!!! The bird Winwood used was inverness green. Sort of a surf/seafoam color. I've always loved the tone of a Firebird and am a big Johnny Winter fan. Back in the late 80's a dealer in NY ordered a few from Heritage with the mini humbuckers. I knew the dealer and he actually supplied the pickups from his parts collection. Now that many botique pickup makers are doing a mini, it would be easy to get the one you prefer. Come on Kalamazoo, bring back the Firebird !!

That was a strange color but I loved it.  He was playing a non-reverse if I remember correctly.  A solid body guitar should cost less than a wood grained finish since it can use less decorative wood.  Take $250 off of that price tag. 

Archived