Heritage Owners Club

How to give a 150 more the looks of a Gibson Les Paul + Wiring tips

Dear Heritage friends,

I'm standing at the point to buy a H150 from about 2005 (serial nr. 'T').

(I own since 1988 a H535).

Wil fit an original Gibson Les Paul pickguard 100% on a H150?

Also the Treble / Rhitme part at the pick up switch?

The guitar has '59 SD'sd... original.

So... i wrote... it has standard a 4-wire conection.

First of all i like a coil split.

Is it also possible, by the use of one of the tonepots, to make a 'out of Phase' function?

Kind regards.

Guus

Dear Heritage friends,

I'm standing at the point to buy a H150 from about 2005 (serial nr. 'T').

(I own since 1988 a H535).

Wil fit an original Gibson Les Paul pickguard 100% on a H150?

Also the Treble / Rhitme part at the pick up switch?

The guitar has '59 SD'sd... original.

So... i wrote... it has standard a 4-wire conection.

First of all i like a coil split.

Is it also possible, by the use of one of the tonepots, to make a 'out of Phase' function?

Kind regards.

Guus

As to the plastic parts... the rhythm/ treble will fit right on...the pickguard will work but the mounting holes are in different places.

Why do you intend to make a Heritage H 150 a Gibson look alike ?

The pre owner of my H 150 CM did so, too. The first I did was to replace the pickguard with the original Heritage matched pickguard. I want an original Heritage, not a Gibson clone :thumbsup:

The Treble / Rhythm part works.

For the out of phase sound you should google for the "Peter Green wiring".

Best regards

Wolfi

without looking at a pic of the guitar you are buying, I am going to guess the top will be better than the Gibson. Personally, I would just take the scratch plate off and let it show the wood.

Why do you intend to make a Heritage H 150 a Gibson look alike ?

The pre owner of my H 150 CM did so, too. The first I did was to replace the pickguard with the original Heritage matched pickguard. I want an original Heritage, not a Gibson clone :thumbsup:

For the out of phase sound you should google for the "Peter Green wiring".

Best regards

Wolfi

I like the original looks of a Gibson Les Paul. The Pickguard on my H535 I like more than an original 335.

The typical 'Heritage' details on a H150 are i.m.o. to get no problems with al Lawsuit.

I like the Craftmanship, high quality en Value for Money by a Heritage... Don't get me wrong... ;-)

I like the original looks of a Gibson Les Paul. The Pickguard on my H535 I like more than an original 335.

The typical 'Heritage' details on a H150 are i.m.o. to get no problems with al Lawsuit.

I like the Craftmanship, high quality en Value for Money by a Heritage... Don't get me wrong... ;-)

Well, I will be the first to step up and actually defend you.

I like the look of the acrchtop & semi-hollow Heritage pickguards, but can't stand the 150/157 pickguards.

I ordered my Gold tops without a pickguard so I could put a Gibby looking on them.

Here is my justification..... Heritage is the original Gibson so why not embrace the look of our past. Heritages are more Gibson than Gibby now is. Saying this, I like the Heritage headstock and wouldn't want to change that to look like a computer made Gibby (I know it seems like a contradiction).

BOTTOM LINE, if the hole are drilled for a Heritage PG, new holes will be needed for the Gibby PG.

(here is a pick of my two 150 GTs with Gibson-like pickguards).

GoldenGirls.jpg

If you want to run a Jimmy Page harness you need 4 push/pull pots. Each volume splits it's humbucker and the neck tone will put in/out phase and the bridge tone will put it in series or parallel. You can grab the schematics off SeymourDuncan.com. Hope this helps. P.S. if your looking for those push pulls on sale go to RSguitarworks.net 20% off only good through today.

I tend to keep things original unless there is some sort shortcoming, that said, I had to get used to the smaller pickguard on my 150 at first I would snag my fingers when strumming. I bought mine used and the previous owner had put in DiMarzio's and removed the guard but he included the original parts in the sale. I put the 59's and the pickguard back on it and I love it. As for the wiring, my pups are two conducter, if yours are like mine you would only be able to get two pups out of phase with each other and not one pup out of phase with itself. Being Duncan I'm sure it is available with 4 conducter wiring so yours may be different. Good luck either way what really matters is what you think of your guitars and not me.

First of all: it's a Heritage and not a Gibson!

Personally I can't understand why somebody wants a Heritage to look like a Gibson. Then you should buy a Gibson. Just my opinion!

It's not that I cant understand you. The first time I got my H150 I was irritated by the look of the pickguard and the missing poker chip.

But I think it's only because most of the people are used to the Gibson look.

The cutaway and the headstock will tell everybody immediately that it's not a Gibson. And I am proud that it's not a Gibson. And that's the reason why my H150 wears the original pickguard. Personally I think it emphasizes the body curvature much better than the Gibson pickguard.

Guido

but can't stand the 150/157 pickguards.

Hmmmm.........though I generally don't like PGs at all, I actually prefer the Heritage ones.

And that's the reason why my H150 wears the original pickguard. Personally I think it emphasizes the body curvature much better than the Gibson pickguard.

+1

But that is only MY opinion--take it for what it's worth.

Mine, funny enough, has the LP shaped pickguard and it is the stock one. I, too, prefer the Heritage one in terms of look. If I ever do the refinish that it needs, that may be something I change about it. Either reshape it to be more like the Heritage ones are now or just replace it all together... or i do nothing. haha.

Mine, funny enough, has the LP shaped pickguard and it is the stock one. I, too, prefer the Heritage one in terms of look. If I ever do the refinish that it needs, that may be something I change about it. Either reshape it to be more like the Heritage ones are now or just replace it all together... or i do nothing. haha.

Funny Ya'll are talking about pickguards..my H-137 is "naked"..I'm thinking of maybe putting a pickguard on it..It's already getting scratched up..should I just say "to h#ll with it and beat the crap out of it, or protect it? The LP "special" I had that caused me to buy the 137, had a pickguard..So I don't know what to do..Opinions, please..?

Archived