Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H 150 Question

mtpatty

Hi everyone!

I am new to HOC and have just bought my first Heritage...it is a H150 Black translucent/ Ebony fretboard/ Schaller pups/bridge tailpiece...What model is it "officially" called since it has the ebony fretboard? It dates to 1999 )April 18- 5th guitar)...I am having some work done on the guitar and will post on Thursday (when it returns) I am replacing pickups with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man pups and Tone Pros bridge and tailpiece and Sperzel Locking tuners, and also an earvana compensated nut... thanks for any info (I aks bc I see guys say mine is a H150 Ultra or H150 ***) Just wondering...thanks

Mark

Welcome to the HOC, Mark.

Heritage takes pride in making handmade, not mass-produced instruments. And because of that, will offer customizing of woods, finish and hardware, etc.. as they handmake the guitar. So if your guitar is a 150 with an ebony board, that may have just been a request to customize it when originally built. It would still be a 150.. maybe a 150 Custom to denote the changes made...

Are you sure that it is not an H-157 that normally comes with an ebony board, block inlays, and multi layer binding.

Often some answers are found in the control cavity , on the Heritage label... handwritten on it.

Welcome to the HOC, Mark.

Heritage takes pride in making handmade, not mass-produced instruments. And because of that, will offer customizing of woods, finish and hardware, etc.. as they handmake the guitar. So if your guitar is a 150 with an ebony board, that may have just been a request to customize it when originally built. It would still be a 150.. maybe a 150 Custom to denote the changes made...

Are you sure that it is not an H-157 that normally comes with an ebony board, block inlays, and multi layer binding.

Often some answers are found in the control cavity , on the Heritage label... handwritten on it.

yes, it has trapezoid inlays (starting at 3rd fret)- attached it s picture of when i first received guitar...it is having changes made (listed above)...post-2039-1275434301_thumb.jpg

post-2039-1275434342_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the HOC Mark! As Fred said your guitar is most likely an H-150CM with the ebony board as an option. Take the pot cavity cover off when you can and there will be a Heritage label on the inside of the cover with the model and other info listed. Enjoy your Heritage!

yes, it has trapezoid inlays (starting at 3rd fret)- attached it s picture of when i first received guitar...it is having changes made (listed above)...post-2039-1275434301_thumb.jpg

Whatever it is...it is SWEET!!

Hi everyone!

I am new to HOC and have just bought my first Heritage...it is a H150 Black translucent/ Ebony fretboard/ Schaller pups/bridge tailpiece...What model is it "officially" called since it has the ebony fretboard? It dates to 1999 )April 18- 5th guitar)...I am having some work done on the guitar and will post on Thursday (when it returns) I am replacing pickups with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man pups and Tone Pros bridge and tailpiece and Sperzel Locking tuners, and also an earvana compensated nut... thanks for any info (I aks bc I see guys say mine is a H150 Ultra or H150 ***) Just wondering...thanks

Mark

Hey Mark. Beauty of a 150!

Let me make a recommendation to you on your upgrades if you haven't already done it: pass on the Earvana. I am not saying it doesn't do what it says it will do, but they make more of it than it is. All it does is take the work typically done by the adjustable bridge and does it with a NON adjustable nut. When you change the string size... even a little, you lose the advantage of the Earvana until you spring for another $35 nut. If you have an acoustic and will never change strings, then you are awesome with the Earvana since acoustics tend to have the shaped bridge.

With that tune-o-matic, you are just spending way too much for a nut. Get bone or something if you really just wanna do 'er up.

If you notice, on the Earvana equipped guitars, the adjustable bridges are all set even.

Again, beauty of a 150!

Hey Mark. Beauty of a 150!

Let me make a recommendation to you on your upgrades if you haven't already done it: pass on the Earvana. I am not saying it doesn't do what it says it will do, but they make more of it than it is. All it does is take the work typically done by the adjustable bridge and does it with a NON adjustable nut. When you change the string size... even a little, you lose the advantage of the Earvana until you spring for another $35 nut. If you have an acoustic and will never change strings, then you are awesome with the Earvana since acoustics tend to have the shaped bridge.

With that tune-o-matic, you are just spending way too much for a nut. Get bone or something if you really just wanna do 'er up.

If you notice, on the Earvana equipped guitars, the adjustable bridges are all set even.

Again, beauty of a 150!

To Be honest, I am less than crazy about the earvana nut...I think i may remove it and reinstall the original or a tusq or something...also, the pickups ARE AMAZING! Killer tones- only problem is the guy i used to install, didnt get it correct with regard to the pickup selector switch- consequently the up position is much hotter than the down toggle-LMAO- so crazy I may not change that, not sure (I do have OCD, so I may)...This is my 4th guitar with Bare Knuckles Pickups and they are AWESOME....thanks for the info! Mark

Archived