Heritage Owners Club

NGD

Steiner

I want to throw in the HRWs I bought from Kenny but, as yet, cannot locate Schaller rings contoured for the 150.

First off, that's a very nice guitar! Secondly, I've been in touch with Ren at Heritage about cream, contoured, Schaller pup rings for my 535 and he came up trumps. It may be worth a quick chat with him if you haven't done that already.

Here's the RS Guitar Works assembly as delivered. Yes BigBob, I did solder the other elements myself. I thought of you as I rubbed my hands together and chanted Muahahahaha... You know... It feels pretty good to contemplate world domination Muahahahaha...

Controls---New.jpg

Steiner, Congrats, she's beautiful, good luck with her.

A question or two on your mods, I may be interested in doing something similar..

Looks like the RS works assembly comes as one piece (pots and resistors), did you add other components (caps) as well? Any other info would be appreciated like ease of install (fits right in?) $ etc, I'll check out old posts here as well.

Thanks, Pete

I appreciate the kind words gentlemen! Sometimes good photographic advice, the right light and the right subject can go a long way; then, there's was a good dose of luck helping on my end.

The RS GuitarWorks assembly is exactly as pictured with the fixture; all pots, caps, ground wire and necessary hardware / fasteners were included. Total cost with shipping and 20% discount / sale was just under $100. It was a drop-in replacement. It takes three hands to solder the pickup, switch and ground leads but Mrs. Steiner did a stellar job on the assist.

Sonically, it opened up the guitar and cleared up the overtones without noticeable change to the frequency range or emphasis, i.e., it didn't alter emphasis on highs, mids or lows. To me it resolved the issue I had with the clarity of the notes when strumming and then pulling individual notes while fingering the same chord. It gives the guitar better spank and emphasis on my right hand technique (and/or lack thereof). So, while I praise the change, the caveat is now I know I have work to do with the right hand. ;)

The "resistors" are actually caps.

Your're right, took a look at those caps with the stripes on them, sure looked like resistors but obviously no resistors go there.

Is the RS works the same as the "59 wiring" I keep hearing about?

Your're right, took a look at those caps with the stripes on them, sure looked like resistors but obviously no resistors go there.

Is the RS works the same as the "59 wiring" I keep hearing about?

Hfan: This is Patrick from Toms River. I just ordered the same set up from RS Guitar Works yesterday. Here is their tele # 859 737 5300. I spoke with Billy for about 15 minutes. He's a great guy. Give him a call. He'll be glad to answer all your questions. He has a world of knowledge and experience on the wiring, caps, pots . . . everything!!

Archived