Heritage Owners Club

525 arrived

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

Came with free T shirt!

Packed well (in a Gibson box). The guitar is as described with a minimal amount of wear spots.

The 525 weight, shape and balance are simply great. For me, most guitars settle in after a few minutes. 535s for example are wide hipped and full sized arches feel thick. 157s are heavy. But before you know it, they fit fine and feel good. The 525 works from the first instant. It immediately reminds me of my years with a Gibson 125.

The strings are 11-50s but feel lighter. They bend adequately. Acoustically the volume certainly is louder than my 555 and fuller, but not like a full arch.

The action was sinfully low. When I retuned it the strings are 1-2/64ths at the 12th fret. There is a little buzzing and a small hump in the neck, to be expected after detuning for a few days. That should correct overnight or sooner.

I won't be able to play it amplified until tonight. But short of that, this guitar is a winner. I just hope the Lollars sing to me.

Congrats and best of luck on the new addition. You know you will shortly be besieged with photo requests. Not familiar with the 525 model myself. Free t shirt? must have come from Wolfe's.

1/64" - 2/64" at the 12th fret?!? :P

You must have an incredibly light right hand touch to not get buzzes with action that low.

Anyway, enjoy the new guitar. The 525 is one that has piqued my interest since they first came out.

Guest mgoetting
1/64" - 2/64" at the 12th fret?!? :P

You must have an incredibly light right hand touch to not get buzzes with action that low.

Anyway, enjoy the new guitar. The 525 is one that has piqued my interest since they first came out.

I meant 32nd of an inch. Still, that's the lowest of any guitars I've had.

There are some buzzes. The middle strings around the 8-12th frets buzz with the lightest to plucking. The rest ring out nicely with a light touch.

I'm waiting for the neck to settle with string tension before I make any adjustments.

Yes, the action is very, very low. This may be the first guitar I raise the action on higher than what it requires to be buzz free. We'll see.

Guest mgoetting
What a Beauty..Trust me, you will love those Lollars!! (I do)

Any feedback problems? Do you get much P90 hum?

That guitar is Just Beautiful! I think you'll love the Lollars, and find that they're quieter than most non-noiseless P 90s. I tried them out last weekend in my house, which is very, very noisy, and the P 90s were much quieter. They have braided shielding on the pup wires. In the medical literature, it says that braided shielding can cut down on 80% of 60 cycle hum.

good score man!

i really wanted to buy that one ...damm you....lol... :D:P:P

really though, i wish i hadnt sold the one i had....that is going to be my next custom order.......

H 525 sunset burst

black lollars

traps on rosewood

MOP/bound headstock

locking spirzel tuners with ivory buttons

pinned roller bridge

thats what it will be..... :D

Guest mgoetting

Adjusted the bridge. Neck is straight. Action is excellent, the same as my 555. I raised the action because I will play it acoustically some and want no buzz- still the action is one of the best I've played. My attack is fairly light but still substantial. I need a little string space. I could probably lower it a little if I put 12-52s on it yet still bend notes adequately.

Feedback can be an issue and needs to be addressed. Most of us can do that readily. It is a consideration if you might get a 525.

The P-90 hum is slight and nothing like the Fenders I've had. I'd cross that off my list of concerns in getting the 525.

The tones are remarkable. They're completely different from anything with a humbucker. The sounds are brighter, sharper yet rich. Words fail when to convey what you'll hear with it. Suffice it to say you will like it.

This guitar is really comfortable and easy to play. It's light and resonant. It just fits well and sounds great.

It's not a showpiece in the usual sense- no glitter or extra adornments. But it has everything you need, and what it does have is elegant and beautiful.

Like Pcovers, who preceded me in ownership, I will fatten up the strings and take it to the next level. This guitar will handle 12s gracefully, retaining its light action, and its tones will speak even more fully.

After that, I expect to adjust the pup screws as well- that's why they're there.

The result will be a fabulous fusion instrument. And that's a real prize.

I've heard P90's described as a "Tele on Steroids," or, my favorite, "P-90s are like taking home a big girl; Fat, noisy, but it feels good, and they'll do things other pickups won't. They are always screamers."

Realy glad you like it. Like I said, selling was in no way related to how great a guitar it is. Just that an incoming requires an outgoing. I am enjoying the Sweet 16, but that particular 525 has to be about as good as one can get. The tshirt was the only thing I could find close at hand that would add the last measure of stuffing I felt I needed before closing the box flaps. No special significance. But you are likley the only one in your part of Michigan with a Hood College shirt.

Guest mgoetting
Realy glad you like it. Like I said, selling was in no way related to how great a guitar it is. Just that an incoming requires an outgoing. I am enjoying the Sweet 16, but that particular 525 has to be about as good as one can get. The tshirt was the only thing I could find close at hand that would add the last measure of stuffing I felt I needed before closing the box flaps. No special significance. But you are likley the only one in your part of Michigan with a Hood College shirt.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery. It's been a while since I fit in a size medium!

Archived