Heritage Owners Club

Heavy 150!!!

JeffB

Maybe they do listen to customers down in Nashville...

I don't doubt they do. From what I can make out, Gibbon is a very well run business and market research is bound to be high on their list of priorities.

Whether that would affect Kalamazoo though is another issue.

Personally I believe Heritage owners buy their guitars for more personal reasons. such as wanting a handmade guitar and/or the history behind the plant.

Not that I'm ignoring the quality, I just believe there are other manufacturers, each no doubt with it's devotees, that could match Heritage for quality.

I'm not sure what market research H undertake but an occasional view of this forum would be a good idea. ;)

For my money, I'd prefer a weight relieved 150 to a slimmer 140 for aesthetic reasons.

On a different tac, I'd expect a recession to hit Gibbon harder than Heritage on the basis that H have a very loyal fan base whilst Gibbon rely on massive sales to keep going, investors etc.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems as if some one in Kalamazoo already have listened to this wise discussion in HOC-forum.

It's not only Gibbo who is trying to cut a little weight (my les paul std. dc from '98 also have chambered body) >:D

From J Hale music store (jhalemusic.com):

[glow=red,2,300]New Model - H150 CM Light Weight:[/glow]  Single cutaway carved curly maple top with chambered Honduran mahogany body, cream bound top, cream pickguard, 24 3/4" scale, rosewood fingerboards with trapezoid MOP inlays, 22 frets, rims measure 2", body width 13". Fitted with twin '59 Duncan pickups. Weighs slightly less than 8 pounds. Send email to jeff@jhalemusic.com for quotation or give us a call at 262 367 5720. Click on Thumbnails below for full sized view

:uwp:

But we're just about full, says the admin. So here it is - still for sale. feel free and jump the link:

http://www.jhalemusic.com/pages/H150LWCBBotUp.html

There has been quie a lot of talk on the relative weight of mahogany...

Well according to the link below The density of mahogany is given as follows. (Kilograms per cubic metre)

Mahogany ( African ) 495 - 850

Clearly there is quite a range of density in mahogany so I don't find it that surprising if guitars can vary in weight by so much.

http://www.simetric.co.uk/si_wood.htm

I checked on the 150 LW at jhale and it's $2350.  Competetive with the LP, but not a lot cheaper.  I'd love to try one out, guess I'll have to keep an eye out. 

Archived