Heritage Owners Club

Pics of the new (used) H-150CM

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Here are a couple photos of the new (used) almond burst H-150 that I picked up on the way down to Florida last week. I just restrung it tonite and polished it up. One thing ticked me off though. My manual Ernie Ball string winder slipped a bit on the low E string Grover tuning key and the plastic edge made a very small ding on the lower edge of the headstock. I shouldn't let this bother me, but it does because it was not there before. It is only the size of a pen tip, but it went thru the mahogany stain and I want to touch it up. Can anyone recommend how to touch up a small spot like this?

post-2130-1282010867_thumb.jpg

post-2130-1282010905_thumb.jpg

That is a HOT 150... it has one of those tops that has its own personality. How Heritage comes up with those without charging a fortune is a mystery. Love the flame...

Quit obsessing about the small ding . :D

If I had it in front of me I'd offer advice but not really without seeing what you are dealing with.

Guest HRB853370

Not really obsessing over it; more like, crap, look what I did, and I can see it, thats the problem! I think I am going to stain my deck mahogony red, so I will use a small brush and dab a spot of that stain on it so I won't see the white primer or whatever is under that red stain. Thanks for the compliments on the pics.

Not really obsessing over it; more like, crap, look what I did, and I can see it, thats the problem! I think I am going to stain my deck mahogony red, so I will use a small brush and dab a spot of that stain on it so I won't see the white primer or whatever is under that red stain. Thanks for the compliments on the pics.

;) Really? Red Deck Stain on your guitar? I'd suggest you wait a bit until some of the other members get a chance to read your post. We have some very knowledgeable members, and I'm sure someone can suggest something better than deck stain. Or ... maybe not. :D Nice guitar, tho'. Love ALSB!

What a jaw droppingly beautiful guitar! That is just stunning! Great snag! Please, do no worry over the little ding, these just add to the overall character of the guitar. Sooner or later we all ding our guitars, no point killing ourselves over it. There is a difference between honest ageing and neglect. But, good luck on rectifying it.

I know what you're feeling... The first ding is tough, on a guitar you just received.

If you want advice on the ding, maybe post a pic. It will be hard for people to comment withour knowing what it is we're talking about.

I worked in the furniture business and so I have a lot of touch up tools from that , that I use.

Usually it is really just making the color of the mark match well enough to not notice it.....

Guest HRB853370

Ya'all would laugh at me if you saw it up close. Its too small to even photograph. Its more of a little chip, where the darn winder took a little hunk of the mahogany out, exposing a little pinpoint of white wood (primer maybe?). I just need a little red stain to touch it up. But I ain't buying no gallon for just that unless I go forward with staining my deck outside!!

Archived