Heritage Owners Club

the wait is killing me

big bob

I gave into gas, and now I must wait.. so lets play a game. I bought a guitar (heritage) from jay wolfe. She was on gbase and now she is gone..

Which one did I buy..

If you are one who already knows please sit on your hands..

clues to come later..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me thinks it was an H-535 because I was looking at these and there were 18 now there are only 17... the problem is, I can't figure out which one you got... I was about to pull the trigger and the super figured Tobacco Burst 25th anniversary, but after talking with Graham, I don't think it has the neck shape I'm looking for... so then I was gonna pull the trigger on that mega figured amber translucent 25th anniversary, but as gorgeous as it is, I'm just not all that keen on the color. Now I'm starting to think about a custom order... I gotta stop coming here and/or looking at Gbase! Anyway, I still think it's a 535... Is it the translucent amber on hold?

a new H 170 custom and now this....dammmmm!!!!!!

Yep, Clue 1 Kate told me at pspiii that it was one hell of a guitar..

Gitartman, not a 535, (that tobacco burst 25 is sweet though!) you are on the right track.

Clue 2 Has a natural finish.

more clues to come..

Guest mgoetting
Yep, Clue 1 Kate told me at pspiii that it was one hell of a guitar..

Jeez, I guess we can rule out Gibsons and Fenders.

We need a little bit more to work with.

Rhymes with...?

How many syllables?

Bigger than a H140?

Plant, animal...?

Jeez, I guess we can rule out Gibsons and Fenders.

We need a little bit more to work with.

Rhymes with...?

How many syllables?

Bigger than a H140?

Plant, animal...?

bigger than a 140, it has recently (last few months) been discussed here. natural finish.. six strings.. feel free to ask questions. remember it was on gbase at jay wolfes , now its gone.

he, he, he...

bigger than a 140, it has recently (last few months) been discussed here. natural finish.. six strings.. feel free to ask questions. remember it was on gbase at jay wolfes , now its gone.

he, he, he...

Guess you're assuming we watch Jay's GBase listings. ;) But I'm going to go with the flavor of the month - 525. No idea if there are less than were in his listings. But they are very popular right now, especially with P90s.

Guess you're assuming we watch Jay's GBase listings. ;) But I'm going to go with the flavor of the month - 525. No idea if there are less than were in his listings. But they are very popular right now, especially with P90s.

not a 525, this one has no 5 in the model #, but you are getting closer.

another clue, there was one similar at pspiii, but I couldn't afford it because of my fucking bills.

not a 525, this one has no 5 in the model #, but you are getting closer.

another clue, there was one similar at pspiii, but I couldn't afford it because of my fucking bills.

Well, he**, I was going to say Prospect, but they're both still on the site. So, it's not a 535, 525, 555 or 575, etc. Or 150/157 for that matter. That leaves .... Prospect (both still there), 170, 110 --- but he has none listed. The Golden Eagle is, well, damned expensive. But there was one at PSPIII. Dang it, Lance!! This is hard after 3 beers and 2 Rumple shots! I'm lucky to be able to type, much less reason something out. Argh!! Next clue, maybe? Like ... a model number? ;)

Well, he**, I was going to say Prospect, but they're both still on the site. So, it's not a 535, 525, 555 or 575, etc. Or 150/157 for that matter. That leaves .... Prospect (both still there), 170, 110 --- but he has none listed. The Golden Eagle is, well, damned expensive. But there was one at PSPIII. Dang it, Lance!! This is hard after 3 beers and 2 Rumple shots! I'm lucky to be able to type, much less reason something out. Argh!! Next clue, maybe? Like ... a model number? ;)

this one is not a solid body, she would be more comfortable down by the river than in the barn..

Maybe a Sweetie? But it would have had to be a real custom order for mahog or spruce back and rims. Maybe it's an Eagle? They made a few ofthose with mahog back and rims

Oh so close, this one has a mahogany back and rim, spruce top. Not an eagle. and yes it was a custom, but not built for me.

Oh so close, this one has a mahogany back and rim, spruce top. Not an eagle. and yes it was a custom, but not built for me.

A mahogany 575 with Spruce top?

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and guess a Super KB?

Super KBs have maple backs and sides . . . too big for mahog . . . too many feed back probs, and there wasn't a natural/blonde Super KB on Jay's site for nearly a year. He just got in a 2010 natural . . . and OH MY GOD!!! It's gorgeous!! If they weren't so over priced, I would be on the phone haggling with Jay as we speak. The almond sunburst Super KB is still on the site . . .and bigbob said it's a natural. I'm wondering if it just might be a custom ordered Golden Eagle?? But I've been on Jay's site pretty regularly and don't recall seeing one.

With a Spruce top, no "5" in the model name, blonde/natural in color, mahog sides and rims . . . . could it be a flat top???

Nope!! It's A Golden Eagle . . . . I'm sure of it!!!

Archived