Heritage Owners Club

Interesting offer?

brentrocks

I just got an email from a guy in the UK...out of the blue. He wants to sell me a goldtop H 170 custom with block inlays, Seths, says it is in mint condition. His price is 950 pounds shipped, which i think is around $1500?

He hasnt produced any pics yet?

I'm a little leary....

now i know he is a scammer...he copied the text from that ebay auction word for word.....he didnt want to send pics, now i know why.....does he really think that someone will send money overseas for a guitar without pics or references????

Do be careful out there...

The scammers seem to be getting more creative in their schemes. For example, I just go t a email (seemingly) from my daughter saying she'd been robbed and needed me to send her some emergency money. It was all BS, but it's kinda scary how creative they've become..

So think it through carefully at least three times, and proceed carefully.

Do be careful out there...

The scammers seem to be getting more creative in their schemes. For example, I just go t a email (seemingly) from my daughter saying she'd been robbed and needed me to send her some emergency money. It was all BS, but it's kinda scary how creative they've become..

So think it through carefully at least three times, and proceed carefully.

his last email said he wanted to be paid western union...thats a huge red flag right away. i told him i wanted to see pics and has never produced a pic yet.

A friend of mine received an email that said it was from PayPal , and his account had suspicious activity so they had locked it and gave a link to go to , to resolve it.

He contacted Paypal... it wasn't from them at all...... :o

find out where he is from, if he is anywhere near me he can bring it to my house and I will inspect it. I would have thought that you could have found something better in the states. Current exchange rate shows the price at $1475.

A friend of mine received an email that said it was from PayPal , and his account had suspicious activity so they had locked it and gave a link to go to , to resolve it.

He contacted Paypal... it wasn't from them at all...... ;)

Both ebay and paypal stuff looking suspicious can be turned in to spoof@ebay.com. That's what I do.

Guest mgoetting
find out where he is from, if he is anywhere near me he can bring it to my house and I will inspect it. I would have thought that you could have found something better in the states. Current exchange rate shows the price at $1475.

I'm afraid the current exchange rate in this deal is $1475 USD for naught.

his last email said he wanted to be paid western union...thats a huge red flag right away. i told him i wanted to see pics and has never produced a pic yet.

Hmm, I would tell him that you are satisfied with the product description and that he should consider the item to be sold sight unseen... and then that you will be sending a bank check immediately and having your assistant arrange for the pick up.

I get at least one of those emails for every item I'ver ever posted on craigslist...

Archived