Heritage Owners Club

Heritage - Mesa connection?

DC Ron

Anybody ever notice this? Are the cabinets both based on a common inspiration? Common cabinet makers? Or is imitation in fact the sincerest form of flattery?

2894307800085421613S500x500Q85.jpg

mesa-boogie-stiletto-series-ace-1x12-combo-emerald-bronco-tan-grille-221800.jpg

My God! You're right! Both amps have carpet underneath them! hahahaha Okay, I'll shut up now.

haha

well, those are both full of "classic" amp cosmetics

vintage marshall cutout around the control panel ( albeit upside down )

vintage ampeg inspired cutouts on the top panel, to allow better access to the controls

the mesa even has vintage marshall inspired gold piping

not to mention a somewhat renowned company called MATCHLESS who made a 2x12 amp that looks identical to that...actually I'd say they are both Matchless inspired cabinets

Matchless%201992%20DC-30.jpg

I was Brent-ly misbehaving this afternoon myself...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...514#description

:angel12:

holy crap...you don't see many of those around with JBL's.....well, at least I don't...even though they came stock as an $$ option

congratulations!! very cool amp

heh...I do have a bunch of parts, salvaged chassis, etc but I decided I would be better off learning to play guitar, than wading into the depths of tube amp electronics :BangHead:

I might build a KT66 jtm45 circuit someday though...already have the power tubes and a really nice old Hammond output transformer #1656

haha

well, those are both full of "classic" amp cosmetics

vintage marshall cutout around the control panel ( albeit upside down )

vintage ampeg inspired cutouts on the top panel, to allow better access to the controls

the mesa even has vintage marshall inspired gold piping

not to mention a somewhat renowned company called MATCHLESS who made a 2x12 amp that looks identical to that...actually I'd say they are both Matchless inspired cabinets

Matchless%201992%20DC-30.jpg

Matchless--that's got to be it...Thx!

holy crap...you don't see many of those around with JBL's.....well, at least I don't...even though they came stock as an $$ option

congratulations!! very cool amp

heh...I do have a bunch of parts, salvaged chassis, etc but I decided I would be better off learning to play guitar, than wading into the depths of tube amp electronics :BangHead:

I might build a KT66 jtm45 circuit someday though...already have the power tubes and a really nice old Hammond output transformer #1656

You will want a primary impedance of 6.6-8.2k for a pair of those kt's for BB specs, but if you run lower, like 5k it will be a bit more punchy...C-tone has a nice JTM 45 chassis you can order prebuilt without the iron or tubes, just connect the trannies and choke and you're good to go. They did that because it costs a lot to ship heavy things from Malaysia. Can also get the kit with the boards prewired and assemble the rest from the kit parts, sourcing your own iron again, so how much time you wish to spend is negotiable so to speak. These kits are highly regarded, deservedly so. And as a bonus, if the KT's are not to your liking, then just slap some el34's in and re-bias. The 1600 series of Hammond iron is fantastic value. You are a lot closer to being able to do that build than you might have thought.

Speaking from experience It is as worth your time to learn how to work on guitar amps as a fly fisher to build his own rods and tie his own flies. Yup, did that too. Caught some 2 pound brookies and 4 pound cutties backpacking in the Wind Rivers with that gear.

Archived