Heritage Owners Club

your opinion on Celestion/Marshall Vintage G12 with 444 cone

gpuma

I have these two speakers coming from an old marshall SS combo that I have.

I am thinking about converting the amp into head + coombo in order ti use the head with my new Boogie Mark V

Do you guys have any experience with these speakers?

Last time I played that amp was probably 20 years ago, I thought it sounded great at the time but still it was so long ago I am not sure anymore.

The amp is probably from the early to mid 80s

if that's the case then those are the first versions of the V30, and they are indeed good speakers!

I had one in a '80's 4203 1x12 combo, I used it as an extension cab & it was great

there is a multi page thread on another forum that goes into a lot of detail on V30 differences over the years...can't seem to find it but this looks useful too:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60388&sid=3021ebbb9e91a6237c4b830d3b43e4fb

I am thinking about converting the amp into head + coombo in order ti use the head with my new Boogie Mark V

I have to quote myself... What's wrong with me? This sentences make no sense at all!

I think they'd sound awesome in a 2x12

they especially shine when you are playing with a band, they cut thru well & sound good in the mix.

I also had that V30 and a G12m70 paired in a SF fender twin, they worked well!

Gio, have Steiner made you a nice cab and put the 2 speakers in it. I use my Mesa studio 22 though a Marshall 2 X 12 and it sounds great.

this is a great idea.

As soon as I sell the 575 i'll do just that!

Archived