Heritage Owners Club

new to the heritage world, lookin for a little info.

slawnugget

hey, i came across this little guitar, but not knowing much of the heritage world thought id just ask. is this a 140 or a 158? i couldnt really find one that looked like it or maybe i was just lookin in the wrong area. my buddy has it at his pawnshop and said if i want it i can have it on the cheap. i mean you can never have enough backups right? i have a few more pics i took if you need to see anything else. thanks

post-2289-1283216375_thumb.jpg

That looks to be a Heritage SAE. Meaning Stereo Acoustic Electric. Just guessing from the pic and the F-holes. Don't see too many of those. They didn't make them for very long; and they are no longer on the Heritage website. Looks like a nice one. :D

dude.buy.it.yesterday.

Guest mgoetting

It is certainly worth $350.

There's got to be an interesting story or two behind this guitar. For example, how did the neck pup get put in backwards? Probably intentionally, but maybe not.

Please give us follow up.

im sure it has a couple stories since apparently the girl found it in a dumpster and had to pawn it after her husband got hit by a dumptruck. i never find guitars in dumpsters, but apparently this girl finds cool random guitars since i picked up get '67 jb hutto airline for $120 after she lost that pawn :D well you guys have convinced me to become a heritage owner, now if i end up not liking it forget what i said i paid :D

Guest mgoetting

Now I know where to look for the best guitar deals, the dumpster.

My suggestion is to buy the guitar, clean it up, and see if you bond with it. If not, let me or anyone else on the forum know. You should easily get your money back by listing it here. Look at all the attention you already got.

Best of luck to you. You'll probably keep it.

im sure it has a couple stories since apparently the girl found it in a dumpster and had to pawn it after her husband got hit by a dumptruck.

My first thought.... she and her husband are/were thieves. That does not reflect on you but come on, nobody is going to throw that guitar into the dumpster. If I went to the trouble to steal it I would damn sure sell it somewhere. A 157 was stolen from my mom-n-pop shop about 20 years ago. I hope to find it on a pawn shop wall someday.

Buy that guitar and play it six ways to Sunday. I'll bet it is a nice one.

im sure it has a couple stories since apparently the girl found it in a dumpster and had to pawn it after her husband got hit by a dumptruck. i never find guitars in dumpsters, but apparently this girl finds cool random guitars since i picked up get '67 jb hutto airline for $120 after she lost that pawn :rolleyes: well you guys have convinced me to become a heritage owner, now if i end up not liking it forget what i said i paid :P

There is a country song in the making here....

;)

Don't listen to any of these guys... This doesn't look like something you should invest your hard earned cash in. Definitely not worth no $350. But maybe if you give me the name of the seller, I might be able to take this worthless piece of wood off their hands..

More seriously, this does look like a good deal. If for some reason you don't have interest in this guitar I'm sure there are several people here who would be interested in it (no not me....).

talked to my buddy and told him i'd take it off his hands so hes holding it for me. just gotta get back to memphis and unload some gear since i told myself no new to i get rid of some old. looks like the jap fenders are finally moving outa my life. ohh and thanks for all the fast replys and info.

Slawnugget.... what a name. Hahahahaha............... I laugh every time I see it.

Slaw, I suspect you were at one time in the Pit BBQ business.

Archived