Heritage Owners Club

NGD Black Beauty

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

Few dings. Medium thin neck with very low action. Schallers. Sounds very nice.

This one is lighter than my other Black Beauty. Maybe because the neck is quite a bit thinner.

post-1723-1284170863_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1284170886_thumb.jpg

Guest mgoetting
Perfect for any formal occasion... you have two?

\

It's a 1998.

I had a 2009. The same guitar only heavier. Pups were different.

Now I have an OSB H147, which is also fairly heavy but very nice, and the Black Beauty.

A thing of beauty, indeed. Makes me doubly glad that I own one, too! :D

Congratulations on the new addition. I too love the 157, I've really bonded with mine, it gets a lot of playing time. A few dings are good, for me it means the guitar gets out more often.

Mark. Another one? How many do you actually keep in the "stable"? We know you don't keep them all. Just loosing track of what you have and don't have, anymore. :D I think the black 150s, okay 157s, are darned cool.

Hey Mark...that is pretty sweet.

I see you got one of the 157s without the MOP logo....i also had one of those that became SILVERBURST I. There was a small space of time where some of the 157s didnt have MOP logos, not sure why, maybe supplier issues?

Guest mgoetting
Mark. Another one? How many do you actually keep in the "stable"? We know you don't keep them all. Just loosing track of what you have and don't have, anymore. :D I think the black 150s, okay 157s, are darned cool.

Ten. I'm selling one today (probably), so nine.

There are some that will never leave. I'll bet you feel that way about your white 555. Plus I have a couple that are so strange, only I could love them.

I'll be selling a couple more soon.

One more on the way.

post-1723-1284214656_thumb.jpg

Guest mgoetting

I unintentionally sold this Black Beauty. That is, I didn't expect to sell it, but it happened.

Earthbound (from HOC) met with me to evaluate my H140. We talked for quite a while. He had a LP Black Beauty in the past and now was looking for a replacement. It became clear to me that the H157 might better fit his desires, so I got it out. I think it took less than 60 seconds for him to decide on it.

It's hard to put this into words, but I recognized a very strong connection between Earthbound and the H157. Maybe like soulmates.

This guitar is superb, but it meant more to him than me.

So I'm back to the H140 as my practice guitar under my desk. Nothing wrong with that.

Archived