Heritage Owners Club

Amp Input

602a

Anyone own either of these? If so how do they sound for blues and southern rock? None to be found in Baton Rouge to try out.

I've played through a Delta Blues..Nice Amps..But, I bought a Classic 30.. Nice Clean Tone, Great Reverb, and SWEET tube overdrive!! Plus it was only $600 brand new!! My H-535 Loves it!!

I've played through the Delta Blues. There's a large amount of fun there for the cost!

I've spent a little quality time with the Delta Blues as well, it's a nice sounding amp

Both have a really great tone to cost ratio going on, so either is likely to be a very safe bet!

I picked up a Peavey Delta Blues a couple of months ago, and I'm loving it. Nice clean, plenty of crunch with the gain; it's got reverb which is very nice at a lower setting, 1-3; and a tremolo which I don't use. Yet. I got mine used for $400. Not a great bargain, I think they go for 6 something brand new, but I was jonesin' for a tube amp, and grabbed pretty much the first one I liked and could afford. It's got a honkin' 15" speaker, and cranks if you like it loud. 30 watts. I'm still learning it, believe it or not, but so far it gets all the sounds I'm looking for. It's got bass, mid, treble knobs; and a 'boost' button which I don't use. The 535 sounds great with it, and just yesterday I picked up the Strat again, and it's sounds real good too. What a difference between the two guitars, sound wise! For the moment I'm keeping the 535 tuned half a step down, and the Strat standard. I'm trying like hell to get SRV into my fingers.

I had a Delta Blues with a single 15" that I picked up locally from a Craigslist add a couple of years ago. Not a bad amp but it seem el84 amps and I don't get along. I feel most, if not all, builders run these tubes too hot and, even with a fresh set of tubes, after a few weeks of regular playing the sound seems to change/suffer.

Check out prices on used Ampeg Reverberocket "reissues". They're not really reissues but the 1x12 50 watt version uses a pair of 6L6's and are a great bang for the buck.

I had a Delta Blues with a single 15" that I picked up locally from a Craigslist add a couple of years ago. Not a bad amp but it seem el84 amps and I don't get along. I feel most, if not all, builders run these tubes too hot and, even with a fresh set of tubes, after a few weeks of regular playing the sound seems to change/suffer.

Check out prices on used Ampeg Reverberocket "reissues". They're not really reissues but the 1x12 50 watt version uses a pair of 6L6's and are a great bang for the buck.

Thanks I'll check them out.

;) Will do. I am checking on a Ampeg Reverbrocket right now. There is a guy here that wants to sell a Classic 30 for 200. I might jump on that.

Go play it, if you can..

I can't, it's in Chicago, but for the price 325.00 + 65 shipping I may give it a try. It's either that or a Peavey classic 30 with weber and jj upgades for 400

This is the route I went with my c30. Weber Chicago, beam blocker, and NOS tubes and the thing charged back to life. Especially once the speaker started to break in!

Archived