Heritage Owners Club

NGD Millie Classic

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

This is as plain as it gets yet is highly elegant.

The label says Millenium Classic and that it is from the Heritage Guitar Custom Shop. I have seen neither of these terms before.

The first letter on the SN is either a V or N (or something else I suppose), so I can't tell the year.

The top and back are laminated. The strange thing is that there is virtually no flaming on the exterior. There's a couple of debatable flames. Yet through the f hole I can see the back is highly flamed. I haven't seen that on a Heritage before.

The back is rounded with no control access plate. Graphite nut and roller bridge.

VSB. There rest is exactly as it should be- great neck and action. A comfortable 7.5 lbs. It sounds much like a 535.

Someone please tell me what the Custom Shop label means, what the Millie Classic is, and whether the Bigsby was put on at Heritage before it was initially shipped.

BTW, there is the same crud in the f hole as I reported in another thread on a 525.

post-1723-1285780577_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1285780591_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1285780621_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1285780641_thumb.jpg

The label says Millenium Classic and that it is from the Heritage Guitar Custom Shop. I have seen neither of these terms before.

The first letter on the SN is either a V or N (or something else I suppose), so I can't tell the year.

The top and back are laminated. The strange thing is that there is virtually no flaming on the exterior. There's a couple of debatable flames. Yet through the f hole I can see the back is highly flamed. I haven't seen that on a Heritage before.

The back is rounded with no control access plate. Graphite nut and roller bridge.

VSB. There rest is exactly as it should be- great neck and action. A comfortable 7.5 lbs. It sounds much like a 535.

Someone please tell me what the Custom Shop label means, what the Millie Classic is, and whether the Bigsby was put on at Heritage before it was initially shipped.

BTW, there is the same crud in the f hole as I reported in another thread on a 525.

What kind of pups? HRW?

Guest mgoetting

HRWs would be nice. These are Seths.

Koula901, your guitar's soul mate is stuck in the UK getting assessed for duty tax. I hope the H150 likes rain and fog!

Howard emailed me a few minutes ago with the update.

Notice the similarity between Howard's new H150 and the Millie. Hmmm. Separated at birth?

post-1723-1285784627_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1285784655_thumb.jpg

Koula901, your guitar's soul mate is stuck in the UK getting assessed for duty tax. I hope the H150 likes rain and fog!

Notice the similarity between Howard's new H150 and the Millie. Hmmm. Separated at birth?

I can honestly say that we rarely have rain and fog... at the same time ;)

Koula, seeing as you're a lefty I think our guitars are evil twins B) Mark's Millie can be the wicked stepmother ;)

And speaking of evil, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs are currently flipping coins on how much duty to charge me for Mark's H-150 :( Hoping against hope that I have it by the weekend or I'll spend next week sitting in work pining for it. NGDs are a sweet thing but the waiting around is a killer.

My first Millie was very similar. Laminate top/back, arched both sides, no access plate. Marv mentioned they did a few like that before they decided on the flat back. Mine is/was awesome!! The label inside mine said Heritage Custom Shop, as well. No bigsby on mine, tho'. If you don't mind, here' what mine looked like:

mil-sae-incase.jpg

mil-sae-incase2.jpg

Guest mgoetting
My first Millie was very similar. Laminate top/back, arched both sides, no access plate. Marv mentioned they did a few like that before they decided on the flat back. Mine is/was awesome!! The label inside mine said Heritage Custom Shop, as well. No bigsby on mine, tho'. If you don't mind, here' what mine looked like:

mil-sae-incase.jpg

mil-sae-incase2.jpg

Hey, that's where my stripes went!

dude!

I have the 'bizzaro world' version of your guitar! its kind of creepy because I had it custom ordered with the following:

lefty,

VSB

Seths

Bigsby

simple dot inlays

arched laminated front and back, no access panel

I recently took the Bigsby off to try a little 'trapeze action'

I'm not sure if they added the Bigsby at the factory , or if Wolfe did it 'en route'.

serial number:

V258xx

it might be that when I ordered mine they decided to make a 'righty' clone just for the hell of it ? I dunno- check yer serial number- Im real curious.

post-135-1285789792_thumb.jpg

here's my back:

post-135-1285790384_thumb.jpg

Guest mgoetting
dude!

I have the 'bizzaro world' version of your guitar! its kind of creepy because I had it custom ordered with the following:

lefty,

VSB

Seths

Bigsby

simple dot inlays

I'm not sure if they added the Bigsby at the factory , or if Wolfe did it 'en route'.

serial number:

V258xx

it might be that when I ordered mine they decided to make a 'righty' clone just for the hell of it ? I dunno- check yer serial number- Im real curious.

Mine is much older.

V088xx

It must have taken the crew a few months to either stop laughing or sober up after making yours before trying it again. The second time at least it wasn't upside down. B)

Seriously though, this is a very nice guitar. I'll bet the flat back and control access panel on the subsequent Millies are simply cost control measures. They can't be to add tone!

HRWs would be nice. These are Seths.

Howard emailed me a few minutes ago with the update.

: ) Separated at birth, I'll say!

I can honestly say that we rarely have rain and fog... at the same time ;)

Koula, seeing as you're a lefty I think our guitars are evil twins B) Mark's Millie can be the wicked stepmother ;)

And speaking of evil, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs are currently flipping coins on how much duty to charge me for Mark's H-150 :( Hoping against hope that I have it by the weekend or I'll spend next week sitting in work pining for it. NGDs are a sweet thing but the waiting around is a killer.

H!! You're a lefty too! Cool. let me know if you ever sell a 535.

mil-sae-incase.jpg

mil-sae-incase2.jpg

Awesome!

another intersting thing is mgoeting's guitar has a plate where the tailpiece normally goes. since I had it ordered with Bigsby, it has no plate there, so I would assume that your Bigsby was added later.

dude!

lefty,

VSB

Seths

Bigsby

simple dot inlays

serial number:

V258xx

Very nice!

As I understood it, the flat backs go with the carved top. There was a design consideration for this - I think for some reason the carved top necessitates a flat back on this model.

Okay, Mark, please clear up some confusion. Are you the guy who bought a 150 while under the influence of meds after a surgery, but bought a lefty by mistake, and now selling it to H?

Guest mgoetting
Okay, Mark, please clear up some confusion. Are you the guy who bought a 150 while under the influence of meds after a surgery, but bought a lefty by mistake, and now selling it to H?

The left handed part was supposed to be a surprise!

I'm afraid I bought the 150 in a rare moment of lucidity.

So far I haven't fallen for the left handed trap. Although you may remember a Black Beauty posted a few weeks back where the seller showed pics of it going both ways. (Not what you are thinking if your mind is fixated on sex like a 13 year old boy. I realize you have never been a 13 year old boy. I can assure you that once you enter that stage you never really outgrow it, only manage it.) Ahem...Anyway I got that only after careful questioning to be sure that I was not a "sinister" (devil's hand) guitar.

I married a lefty. I'll never do that again. We had our 36th anniversary last Saturday! She still puts up with me.

Nice guitar Mark. I've always like that color. What year is it?

That is one good looking rig you have there. Congratulations.

I suspect the Bigsby is after market. Seems like I have seen this guitar before on this forum.

Guest mgoetting
As I understood it, the flat backs go with the carved top. There was a design consideration for this - I think for some reason the carved top necessitates a flat back on this model.

I have another Millie that's carved coming and going. Flat back is probably cheaper and nothing more. I suppose you could argue that flat = less feedback. But feedback isn't a problem.

Archived