Heritage Owners Club

Used Heritage prices rising....

cosmikdebriis

I've been watching eBay prices for used Heritages and it seems to me that they are rising.

Golfer has sold a few 150's recently and the last one sold for $1,385.00 which is not only good for Golfer ;) but a significant rise.

I seem to recall 150's selling for around $900.00-$1200.00 depending on condition and equipment.

I paid $1,150.00 for mine in the same condition with HRW's less than a month ago.

I've not been watching the semi's so perhaps someone else has an opinion on them?

I should imaging Brent will know all about the 170's though ;)

Is this a trend or just a temporary blip?

I've got to say though, golfers guitars really are in good condition, mine's like new 8)

Below is a link to Golfers last sale...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:B:WNA:US:1123

Well,  I've tried three different times to sell my H575 for what I think was a fair price, and I didn't have any takers. So while the prices may be rising, a lot of them still aren't selling. 

By the way, I'm keeping my H575 now--it must've been a sign!

it seems like every time a 170/140 goes up on ebay they go for big $$$$.  i think a lot has to do with the fact that they are no longer in production and that they have that "lack of weight" appeal.

it seems like every time a 170/140 goes up on ebay they go for big $$$$.  i think a lot has to do with the fact that they are no longer in production and that they have that "lack of weight" appeal.

I'd be interested to know if, given the option, you would rather own a full width 140/170 but hollowed out to weigh less, or a std slim style, 140/170 assuming they both weighed about the same.

I only ask because I find my 140 too slim. Nothing wrong with it, just cosmetically I prefer the full width 150. ???

I'd be interested to know if, given the option, you would rather own a full width 140/170 but hollowed out to weigh less, or a std slim style, 140/170 assuming they both weighed about the same.

I only ask because I find my 140 too slim. Nothing wrong with it, just cosmetically I prefer the full width 150. ???

i like the thinner body, but i like them both all the same...does that make sence?

I love the slimmer body on my 170. Really easy to play on a strap (I aint the biggest of guys) It doesnt seem to effect sustain but, it makes them a little twangier than most Pauls. I like SGs anyway and I consider this model to be H's answer to the SG.

Uh...Is my imagination, or isn't the price of just about everything going up...as the dollar goes down, faster than Marilyn Chambers?  (obs. ref. That one was for the old guys!)

>:( & :'( because I understood the obscure reference.

My prediction: I think the prices will go up further in the next 2-3 years.  It'll settle at about 10% under what the comparable Gibson is going for.  If you can get a 175 for $2000, a 575 will go for $1800, etc.

the word is getting out about Heritage...it will drive used prices up, for sure!

I was in Bufallo Brothers a week or so back and some guy was checking out the archtops and was playing through some Heritages.  He'd kind of head of them but had never played one.  Amazing. 

I saw some idiot offering 55.000 euros for an old Heritage over here in Holland, I mean, this way there will be no guitars left for us regualr folks :-*

Ok Ok... I deserve that... and just to show you no malice...

+1 for your help and humour (that's humor to them colonials) ;)

Also... I was wondering...

When you guys learn English, at school... do they teach you to spell the PROPER English way or that adulterated American way? ;D

Oh Oh... This could mean trouble >:D

Well, we all learn the British English, but as you know we are being colonized by American lifestyle & shows in Europe (like with the guitars, the HOC's and FZ's), so our English gets polluted easily.

I for one got totally Americanized in the Seventies by some American hippy travellers who gave me albums by The Firesign Theatre (does anybody know them?), so I make the occasional mistakes.

Well, we all learn the British English, but as you know we are being colonized by American lifestyle & shows in Europe (like with the guitars, the HOC's and FZ's), so our English gets polluted easily.

I for one got totally Americanized in the Seventies by some American hippy travellers who gave me albums by The Firesign Theatre (does anybody know them?), so I make the occasional mistakes.

Forgiven  ;)

There is a cure... Watch several episodes of "Friends" back to back. It'll put you off for life ;D

Well, Cosmik - you and I got off easy from GW's sales.  But, yeh, Heritage prices are certainly going up.  Part of the folks (like HOC) who are paying attention and realize that new '08 prices are going up (along w/most guitar brands).  Not sure that the broad market is any more enlightened on the quality/value of Heritage than they have been or if it's the select few how 'get it' are willing to pay more.  Perhaps a market adjustment.  Bad news for me as I'm still in buying mode and have no plans to sell off any.  Maybe good news from my kids someday...

btw - love the handle, Cosmic - one of the few albums that I knew most of the words to (and from a guy who thinks of lyrics as the filler stuff before the next guitar solo).

And Jacques - love the website on your guitars, man.  Just saw that today.  Very nice.  Hey, we're all bozos on this bus (firesign reference...  ;)

I certainly hope the prices are going up. I have 300 invested in a H-150 that cost me 1300. I better get at least close to 1300 if and when I sell the thing.

I'd say, sell quick... Financial situation for all of us looking a little shaky at the moment

I'd say, sell quick... Financial situation for all of us looking a little shaky at the moment

Just like the stock market, people speculating on the "right" time to buy or sell. Another way to look at it is that if money is tight, then less people will buy new guitars. Then the price goes up or down as a result of lack of demand? Chances are in the case of Heritage, they will be forced to sell higher to make up for the losses in order to maintain that shop. Higher prices for new guitars means higher prices for used.

• 2 weeks later...

Pasadena Freeway, 1/4 mile. Pasadena Freeway, 1/8 mile. Pasadena Freeway 1/16 mile .......

Well, I'm suffering from sticker shock on NEW Heritage guitars, let alone used ones. My 535 was under $1700 shipped just last October. Looked at one this weekend that was out the door at $2295. A gold top 150 was over $2300. The least expensive was the natural 575 at around $2250. And the best price I've seen at a Millie DC is $2222 if I paid cash, $2275 credit. Sorry, no $2k+ guitars for me. I may become a singleton as far as H-guitars are concernced.  :'(

Archived