Heritage Owners Club

H535 pickguards....different types?

bolero

hey I bought a 535 & it doesn't have a pickguard, are there different styles they used? or has the 535 always used the same PG?

need to order one...guitar is red, I'm guessing black would look the best? or any suggestions?

thx!

hey good idea, I wasn't thinking about a bound one, thx!

man...the 535 is in the mail as of today...I'm going to go nuts waiting for it to get here!!

But admit it... it's kinda fun at the same time... anticipation... life would be less if you just wanted something and then it was there..

I STILL can't believe that the previous owner of my H-535 (or maybe the owner before him) removed the pickguard. How the hell can ANYONE remove a flamed maple BOUND pickguard that matches the color of the guitar? WTH??? Of course, the PG on my H150 covers up a tiny finish chip that happened where the pickguard screw hit the finish.

heritages1.jpg

On a trans red 535, I agree with Brent. A bound black finish curly maple guard. For my personal taste, I would specify the Johnny Smith guard . . . same as Jay Wolfe does on his H 555s. In fact, if you go on his web site, you just might see one in red with that guard on it.

hey I bought a 535 & it doesn't have a pickguard, are there different styles they used? or has the 535 always used the same PG?

need to order one...guitar is red, I'm guessing black would look the best? or any suggestions?

thx!

Here's what it would look like with a red guard

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370452017754&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

cool, thx for the info guys!

I was thinking of a rounded PG because I kept jabbing my hand on my old 535, grabbing for the toggle switch

but I like the look of the jagged one more...so I'll live with the pain :D

red PG looks pretty neat, but I think it'd be red overload...I like the contrast with the black, & it matches well with the rest of the HW

I think the binding is cream on the gtr, can you get cream bound pickguards? or do they all come w/white?

cheers

Archived