Heritage Owners Club

Speaker cabinet (without the speaker)

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Rather than pull the chassis out of my C30 to replace the speaker, I decided that an extension cabinet might be a cool idea, as I always wanted one. There must be some companies out there that make a cabinet, without the speaker, where you can merely install the speaker of your choice.

Any ideas?

Ted Weber Amp Kits - you can order any of the amp cabs as extension cabinets. Decent builds, too. Do the Peavey C30s have a speaker extension out? Been a while since I've seen one. Hmm, don't recall my Delta Blues having an x-out. But that was a long time ago.

KBP810 on here makes cabinets. You should see some of his work. Some of the best looking tone woods. No plywood used, custom sizes and wood materials. He even made me a cabinet from reclaimed pine boards pulled from my 60 year old house and added some flammed rock maple to it. He's well worth a look and you don't have to worry about the big name mark ups. Check out his amp building threads, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Rather than pull the chassis out of my C30 to replace the speaker, I decided that an extension cabinet might be a cool idea, as I always wanted one. There must be some companies out there that make a cabinet, without the speaker, where you can merely install the speaker of your choice.

Any ideas?

Here is a link from a company that builds great cabinets. http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/cabinets

They are The custom builder for all of the Vintage Tweed models for Fender. They build any style of cabinet from extension (112, 212 & 412), combo (112 & 212) and heads.

I have a Lopoline (1) 12 inch convertible cabinet (open-back or closed) with a 12" Weber California speaker that I use with a Peavey Classic 100 head. It sounds great. It's tweed covered with Oxblood grill cloth. I think I bought the cabinet un-loaded off Ebay. The Weber Speaker dramatically improved the sound of the amp, especially overdriven.

Oh yeah, I hear that KBP810 guy does good work :P

The idea of a convertable one (open or closed back) is a good feature to consider - open back is generally the safer bet to accomidate a wider range of speakers (and make it easier to swap speakers around); but there are some speakers that really want to have a closed back to shine.

There's so many great options out there that it is really wide open

Oh yeah, I hear that KBP810 guy does good work :P

The idea of a convertable one (open or closed back) is a good feature to consider - open back is generally the safer bet to accomidate a wider range of speakers (and make it easier to swap speakers around); but there are some speakers that really want to have a closed back to shine.

There's so many great options out there that it is really wide open

Plus an option for a well known amp maker on here who can make a cabinet that is convertable from open to closed back....

I would keep it in the family if I knew you Guys were up to this kind of stuff. Rock on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HRB853370

I have a Lopoline (1) 12 inch convertible cabinet (open-back or closed) with a 12" Weber California speaker that I use with a Peavey Classic 100 head. It sounds great. It's tweed covered with Oxblood grill cloth. I think I bought the cabinet un-loaded off Ebay. The Weber Speaker dramatically improved the sound of the amp, especially overdriven.

Byrd, there is one just like what you described on ebay now. I think I will bid on it.

Archived