Heritage Owners Club

New shared photobucket account to collect Heritage pics...

cosmikdebriis

In the list on the left of the page there are some entries without year of production. Maybe the posters can change this?

Also, when you first go to the photobucket page there are four pics that are also inside one or two of the other categories, I mean the HRW/Schallers, the 140 and 150 in front of the Marshall etc. Couldn't we select one or two other pics of say a nice 150, a jazzer or a 535 as a kind of 'first page window dressing'?

In the list on the left of the page there are some entries without year of production. Maybe the posters can change this?

Also, when you first go to the photobucket page there are four pics that are also inside one or two of the other categories, I mean the HRW/Schallers, the 140 and 150 in front of the Marshall etc. Couldn't we select one or two other pics of say a nice 150, a jazzer or a 535 as a kind of 'first page window dressing'?

Yes... I'll keep an eye on things and categorise as required. Not always going to be that easy though as I don't always know full details of the pics provided.

It would help if people added titles.

I'm also going to put some pics on the "home page" of the site to give a little "eye candy" for anyone visiting.

That is, unless anyone has a better idea?

Getting to be quite a good list now...

Come on everybody... don't be shy...

I'm going to add a folder for members pics of themselves if they wish... ;)

Just uploaded my Heritage pics, H150, Millie DC, and HFT 445---soon I'll get some shots of my Stat up there.

:laugh:

Question.  I uploaded photos of my H's to the photobucket site.  Now I'd like to "move" them to an album for each model.  Is that possible to do without uploading the photos all over again?  I've already done that and captioned them, so I would like to hear there's an easy way to copy them to various folders..

???

Here's a "walkthru" for you... And anyone else who wants one...

Firstly I'm going to assume you have the page open on the main "Heritageguitarpics" page..

On the left hand side of the page is a list of members guitars. (clicking on these will open a seperate page/album with their pics in).

What you need to do is add to this list and create a new page/album with your pics...

Under the list of members guitars is a text box captioned "add a new album"

Type your title into this box. (Ideal format being Year/Model/colour). then click "Save"

You will be transported to that page/album but as yet there are no pictures in it.

Next step is to move your pictures...

Easiest way is to use the browsers back button to return to the previous page (main heritage page, where you started).

Find one of your pictures and click on "move" (just above it, left hand side).

from the resulting drop down menu, select your new album from the list. (you may need to scroll to find it)

You will get a message warning you that old links will be lost, ignore it and click to continue.

Job done... 8)

Repeat with your other pics....

One final piece of advice...

It's easier to create the folder/album before uploading and then uploading directly to it.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask...

Excellent, thanks for the assistance..

my photos are now grouped in their respective albums.

a word to everyone, make sure you add a description/caption info for each photo, really adds to the visual getting your thoughts on each facet of the piece of art we know as Heritage Guitars..

:-*

Hi... Everybody, and thanks for all the pics.  8)

So far, so good, keep em coming. :wink:

Anyway, reason for this post is, the nice Mr Administrator, has contacted me asking about adding a direct link/page to this site.

I certainly don't have any objections but not all the images are mine so I thought we out to find out if there are any objections?

Just so that we know if anyone has read this, If you don't have an objection, or indeed anything to add, please also post...

Cheers...

Dave/Cosmik

• 4 weeks later...

I just went to add pictures of my new Eagle Classic to that PhotoBucket thing, and it wants me to change the password for security reasons. Actually, here's exactly what it said:

Attention Heritageguitarpics

Due to a recent upgrade of the site's security policies, Photobucket is recommending that all users change their password immediately. For more information on the security upgrade, please visit our forums.

Please update your Photobucket password

Current password:

New password:

Confirm new password:

Note: A strong password includes both lower and upper case letters and numbers

I certainly don't feel comfortable taking it upon myself to decide what a new password should be! I just GOT here, fer cryin' out loud! My main concern is, is this gonna be an issue EVERY TIME someone tries to upload photos now? That could be a problem. (Or am I doing something wrong???)

Also, I was planning on using pictures taken by/at Wolfe Guitars. Is this gonna be a problem for any reason? All I have is a RAZR and an iMac webcam, and I can't get a good picture out of either.

As far as I know the change is optional, i.e. recommended but not necessary.

As I just posted in a response to Jacques thread ....

I got the same message when logging into my own Photobucket account earlier in the week.

I think the password change is optional, not mandatory.

I just chose to retain my original password, which did contain letters and numbers by the way.

Regards ..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived