Heritage Owners Club

New shared photobucket account to collect Heritage pics...

cosmikdebriis

Inspired by several threads, more recently by "Axman" and his post "150P Legit?" Where he had trouble identifying a certain model of guitar from the Heritage website...

I have created a photobucket account with the idea anyone can upload images of their guitars for us all to share and inspect.

The idea is eventually to use some of the pics to create a resource with as many models and variations of Heritage guitars as possible. Possibly as part of this web site or perhaps as a new site. (Depending on Mr Administrators thoughts) :-

I will post the Photobucket login and password information soon, supposing no body can think of any reason why this shouldn't happen. Legal reasons or otherwise. :rolleyes:

If you're keen on participating then please add as post to show your interest. 8)

If you can think of a good reason why not to continue then please also add a post. It's not my intention to cause any rifts. :P

I would like to collect some closeup pics of the various features of the guitars, wood pickguards, wiring routing, inlay detail, hardware, different finishes etc as well as "full body" shots  as the idea is to create as complete a reference as possible.

I will add a "how to" for anyone who doesn't know how to use photobucket etc.

I would suggest jpeg images  and no larger than 1000 pixels and no less than 400 in any one direction.  ???

Any constructive advice gratefully received. ;)

I like the idea cosmik, there is something similar to it on a G&L forum, I'm not a member there but the database of pictures of members guitars adds to that website.

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY/gallery.php3

I'm not sure if a separate photobucket account would be the best option as the pictures would be "off site" from the main site.

As such they might at some stage become unavailable for whatever reason.

Also if the pictures were on the main site they could be linked to a database of HOC users with details of pickups, colour schemes, custom options, etc etc.

I have seen something like that, without pics, on a Rickenbacker forum, there was a link to it from a post here a while back

Not trying to shoot you down cosmik, just providing feedback / options etc.

Regards ...

I like the idea cosmik, there is something similar to it on a G&L forum, I'm not a member there but the database of pictures of members guitars adds to that website.

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY/gallery.php3

I'm not sure if a separate photobucket account would be the best option as the pictures would be "off site" from the main site.

As such they might at some stage become unavailable for whatever reason.

Also if the pictures were on the main site they could be linked to a database of HOC users with details of pickups, colour schemes, custom options, etc etc.

I have seen something like that, without pics, on a Rickenbacker forum, there was a link to it from a post here a while back

Not trying to shoot you down cosmik, just providing feedback / options etc.

Regards ...

No problem... This is exactly why I've started the thread before going "online" with the details...

The idea though is to collect the images there... Then edit/use some of them to create a database, perhaps on a new web site (depending on the Administrators thoughts), with a link from here?

This is only the start of something that will hopefully grow into a more comprehensive resource with descriptions as well as pics.

I just figured we had to start somewhere and collecting pics was as good a place as any.

Another thing I would like to get pics of (copyright permitting) is scans of old brochures etc...

Keep the ideas coming...

I think it is a great idea, especially since there are so many factory customized or one-off models by Heritage. 

In fact, maybe there can be separate sections to the proposed Photobucket Heritage Gallery, one for 'standard' and another for 'custom' models.

Have you put any thought to a type of watermark for each pic so that we don't see our instruments appearing as part of some unscrupulous Ebay seller's ad?

Have you put any thought to a type of watermark for each pic so that we don't see our instruments appearing as part of some unscrupulous Ebay seller's ad?

I hadn't considered that... anybody with concerns or ideas to overcome that problem... ? Is it a problem... ?

Keep em coming...

Have a quick look at my old web site relating to vintage Greco guitars. It's rather amateur but is a good starting point to get the ideas flowing... hopefully... ;)

Ultimately, this sort of thing is what I had envisaged the pics are for IMHO.

http://www.cosmikdebris.co.uk/grecoinfo.htm

This is the Rickenbacker page I was talking about ....

http://www.rickresource.com/register/

It's very informative .... some entries do actually contain photos.

One thing though it might not be a good thing to include serial numbers as they could actually be used on fake or bogus instruments in online auctions.

Perhaps they could be partially listed such as N1XXXX instead of the full serial ?

I notice that pictures in some auctions are modified to blur or block the serial number, presumably for the same reason.

It is possible to search the registry for options such as "Left handed" etc. which is very useful indeed.

From one of the entries, I presume all of the fields are searchable.

http://www.rickresource.com/register/viewi...=%2Fregister%2F

--------------------------------------------

Model  360

Strings  12

Special  V64

Finish  Fireglo

Manufacturing Date  1993-06

Serial #  F67337

Registration Date  Jul 12 1998

Country  USA

State/Province  Florida

Lefty  No

Collected Item  Yes

Registered User  Yes

-----------------------------------------

Other options such as pickup model, schaller or other hardware etc could also be added.

Plenty of food for thought there cosmik  :rolleyes:

Where I seem to be differing from some other guys here is that I'm looking to get a database of different models and specs rather than a database of individuals guitars.

Not that both aren't possible of course...

Funny Southpaw should mention the serial number thing as on the photo's I've just edited and put on the site I have just edited out the middle of the number... Great minds... ;D

Unless someone has good reason for me not to... Then I'm happy to post the login details and people can get posting...

One word of warning... Obviously any pics posted will become public, can be edited etc.

Shall we get on with it...

i certainly will contribute to this new info center..just let me know what and when you want them.

From a models/database point of view...I'd be particularly interested in pics of the GM, the Roy Clarke, the 170 3pup and the 170...  ;)

That'll be all of them then  ;D

I'm not much of a photograper myself but luckily you and a few others are... Just need to talk them into contributing too ;)

Fingers crossed... ;D

"Publish and be damned" 

OK... So here's the login and password...

Web link...  http://photobucket.com/

Username:  heritageguitarpics

Password: heritage150

If you have a look you'll find some pics of my 157 I've posted them there as the sort of thing I'm looking for for my models database project. All other pics (of guitars) are certainly welcome. I'm not trying to own this thing but am trying to accumulate a certain amount of info for a certain agenda.

Any questions, queries, problems, ideas...

Keep em coming...

i just added mine to the new photobucket site....i need more shots of my '86 H 170, but i will have to wait untill it comes back from the shop...i'm having the Seymore Duncan P-Rails installed right now.

This new photobucket page is gonna be sweet when it gets loaded up with all the awesome Heritage guitars around here!!!  Hours of viewing pleasure ;D

good job Cosmik!

Breeze Browser will do water marks.  I can run a photo gallery and the web photos will have the water mark automatically.  I use this to keep people from stealing my sports photos. 

At your service Sahib!

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/H...urrent=H137.jpg

Breeze Browser will do water marks.  I can run a photo gallery and the web photos will have the water mark automatically.  I use this to keep people from stealing my sports photos. 

That raises an interesting subject. I've no particular view one way or the other but should we use the HOC name? I'm a member but it's not MY club to decide. What do you guys think???

Another thing is... Are we allowing others to edit/use our pics? With, without permission, Would you like or not like to be credited?

Perhaps we need to have a system of marking our pics so that we know what level of usage is permitted and who, if anyone, should be credited.

Having said that... I don't want to get too bogged down in red tape so hopefully most of us will give full and open permission.

Your thoughts... Please.

You do know it's guitar pics we want... not ones of the missus...  ;) ;D

I have just personally ordered Dutch customs NOT to let through a 55.000 euro blue Heritage Firebird that was supposed to be sent to England one of these days.

They agreed that large sum of money was very suspect indeed.

Archived