Heritage Owners Club

Alex Skolnick in Premeir Guitar

rjsanders

Did you use your Heritage guitar for most of the record?

"Yeah, I mostly used my Heritage 575, which is a hollowbody guitar. Though my signature Heritage is a solidbody guitar, which is like having a signature Les Paul made in the original factory. It appears on a couple songs where I used it more for texture."

StreamImage.jpg

Did you use your Heritage guitar for most of the record?

"Yeah, I mostly used my Heritage 575, which is a hollowbody guitar. Though my signature Heritage is a solidbody guitar, which is like having a signature Les Paul made in the original factory. It appears on a couple songs where I used it more for texture."

StreamImage.jpg

I got my "Guitar World" today, and Skolnik appears in a full page ad for, I think its Buddha Amps --great picture of him with the 575, but "the Heritage" is photoshopped off the headstock. Bummer, but let's hope some will recognize the distinctive headstock shape and others will ask "...hey, I wonder who made that cool guitar?"

Looks like I am setting aside a tensky for another Skolnick Trio album!

Although the 575 was on my radar before I knew he played one, I gotta say that when I did find out, that made me want one all the more. I guess that just goes to show you the power of celebrity. Granted, if I wasn't into the 575, I can't say I would have bought one just because Skolnick has one. So... I guess that also shows the limit of celebrity. haha. I wouldn't mind a 150 not unlike his... but I can't say I'd get his signature.

Great interview Jeff, thanks for posting. I couldn't help but notice he is using 12's on his 150. I had a hint of his cross over abilites from metal to jazz, but I never gave it much thought. I have a new appreciation for the guy now.

Archived