Heritage Owners Club

CM v. CM Classic

tsp17

I don't think that they currently make a Classic....

When Heritage was using Schaller pickups as the stock pickup in the H-150 model, the Classic was an option that gave you Seymour Duncan '59 model pickups. I don't remember any other difference.......

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong )

This H-150CM of mine is a Classic from 2000... (it's had a few minor modifications..)

20110328141018.jpg

When Heritage was using Schaller pickups as the stock pickup in the H-150 model, the Classic was an option that gave you Seymour Duncan '59 model pickups. I don't remember any other difference.......

This H-150CM of mine is a Classic from 2000... (it's had a few minor modifications..)

20110328141018.jpg

thats a classic looking H150.

20110328141018.jpg

Also I think the hardware was not the then standard Schaller tailpiece and roller bridge, but the more classic style hardware.

Looking at a 2007, so that makes sense. has Seth Lovers. must have been an upgrade from Schallers at that time.

how do you like yours?

Oh, I LOVE mine.... It plays and sounds great with a medium C neck. I picked this one because I liked the look and find the '59's work well for me.

My other H-150 has a Burstbucker 1 (underwound) at the neck and a Seth at the bridge. It's excellent.

I wonder if the Seths in the 2007 were factory installed, that is likely. Perhaps someone ordered the Seths substituted for the "59s.

Seths have a great old PAF sound and are well liked. The '59's are a little more resistant to feedback.

Also I think the hardware was not the then standard Schaller tailpiece and roller bridge, but the more classic style hardware.

While mine in 2000 did come with all Schaller hardware... that would be a logical change for them to make in the later ones.

the one i am looking at is new (from 2007), so not sure why the seths....

i'll ask the seller to verify.

It is very possible ... they install a lot of Seths. Seth Lover pickups are very popular in Heritage guitars.

It is likely that the label ( in the control cavity ) may specify what pickups were originally installed. ...Or not.

It doesn't matter, as some would prefer Seths in any case. They are great for about anything except maybe really high gain sounds.

from the Internet Archive, Heritage site Jan 2005 ....

====================

H-150CM Classic Specs:

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard - 24 3/4” scale rosewood cream bound fingerboard with 22 frets; mother of pearl trapezoid inlays.

Body - Single cutaway solid body with solid carved curly maple top and solid mahogany back; cream bound top; with cream pickguard.

body size:

rim thickness - 2”

body width - 13”

body length - 17 1/4”

Electronics - Two chrome plated Seymour Duncan pickups; two volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

Hardware - Chrome plated hardware.

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20050323004215/www.heritageguitar.com/models/H150CMClassic.htm

===============================

and the 150CM

===============================

H-150CM Specs:

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard - 24 3/4” scale rosewood cream bound fingerboard with 22 frets; mother of pearl trapezoid inlays.

Body - Single cutaway solid body with solid carved curly maple top and solid mahogany back; cream bound top; with cream pickguard.

body size:

rim thickness - 2”

body width - 13”

body length - 17 1/4”

Electronics - Two chrome plated humbucking pickups; two volume and two tone controls with selector switch.

Hardware - Chrome plated hardware.

H-150CM Classic -(Shown) Same specs as H-150CM except Seymour Duncan pickups.

http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20050205044002/www.heritageguitar.com/models/H150CM.htm

========================

Looks like the only difference was the Classic had Duncan pickups.

That is truly a classic looking guitar! +1 Tully

Archived