Heritage Owners Club

OCD - Fulltone

Folks,

Now that I'm learning the difference between buffered bypass and true, I'm on a mission to make all the pedals after my wah pedal true bypass. I've got a Boss SD-1, for my crunch dirt, that I'd like to replace with something else. Have seen a lot of buzz about the Fulltone OCD. Reading up on it, it strikes me as very similar to my Wampler Superplex - which I'm using for my high gain. it appears OCD does high gain, too. Do you think this pedal is overkill to get for my crunch sound? I'd like to get a pedal with a small foot print, and this one's only 2-1/2" wide, which is great. Do you have one? Your thoughts?

Folks,

Now that I'm learning the difference between buffered bypass and true, I'm on a mission to make all the pedals after my wah pedal true bypass. I've got a Boss SD-1, for my crunch dirt, that I'd like to replace with something else. Have seen a lot of buzz about the Fulltone OCD. Reading up on it, it strikes me as very similar to my Wampler Superplex - which I'm using for my high gain. it appears OCD does high gain, too. Do you think this pedal is overkill to get for my crunch sound? I'd like to get a pedal with a small foot print, and this one's only 2-1/2" wide, which is great. Do you have one? Your thoughts?

Its overkill. It's just an overdrive pedal.

It's all hype. On every pedal every made! However, when I use my OCD I use it as either a crunch pedal (low gain OD) or as another OD for more grit cascaded with other OD pedals. It will do what ever you set it to do. What I do like about it is how almost clean it can get when picking softly when the drive is on about 9:00 or so.

Another low gain OD I have on my board is a CMATMODS Butah. Nice crunchy sounds to be had. Thing is, there are Tons-o-pedals to do whatever you want them to do. Half the fun is getting them to try. :icon_thumright:

Well, Im still waiting for one I bought on the 9th'ish

My expectations of it are way low. Ive bought two other stomps lately based on rave reviews and both are very toy like in my opinion. The OCD gets the same hype as either of these stomps so Im prepared to be underwhelmed.

But the idiot optimist inside that refuses to quit seems to be hanging out to plug in and play through it. I like the guy but he gets expensive to keep.

Another Fulltone product to consider is the Catalyst. It can be used as a clean boost, with EQ, a mild or saturated overdrive or a fuzz pedal. I find it tends to work better with single coil pickups, especially for clean boost / mild overdrive tones. A useful pedal to have if you're not too sure which pedal you need the most.

The OCD is a fantastic pedal BUT, to my mind, it works best when set to really low gain settings. That's not to say the higher gain settings sound bad (they don't)....just that it's strength is with the gain knob under 9 o'clock (again, in my experience).

It's all hype. On every pedal every made! However, when I use my OCD I use it as either a crunch pedal (low gain OD) or as another OD for more grit cascaded with other OD pedals. It will do what ever you set it to do. What I do like about it is how almost clean it can get when picking softly when the drive is on about 9:00 or so.

Another low gain OD I have on my board is a CMATMODS Butah. Nice crunchy sounds to be had. Thing is, there are Tons-o-pedals to do whatever you want them to do. Half the fun is getting them to try. :icon_thumright:

+1 The OCD is very versatal layers well and is extremely sensitive to pick attack, I really like mine but everybody is different and it may not be for you. Tulk is right about the hype, every so called boutique manufacturer has followers and haters. In the end you are just going to have to experiment and find what works for you.

Good luck us Know what you end up with.

I've decided that what I want is the mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive. I'll let you know when I pull that trigger on that; also looking for an MXR Carbon Copy. Those two should complete the rig. It was interesting to read about all the hype.

I've decided that what I want is the mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive. I'll let you know when I pull that trigger on that; also looking for an MXR Carbon Copy. Those two should complete the rig. It was interesting to read about all the hype.

What amps setup are you using? For some reason, I keep thinking you're using a Champ 600...

I looked one time and I thought it was 100, but I could double check. I know that it's damn loud with volume on 3.

Well, Im still waiting for one I bought on the 9th'ish

My expectations of it are way low. Ive bought two other stomps lately based on rave reviews and both are very toy like in my opinion. The OCD gets the same hype as either of these stomps so Im prepared to be underwhelmed.

But the idiot optimist inside that refuses to quit seems to be hanging out to plug in and play through it. I like the guy but he gets expensive to keep.

Did you get your OCD yet? Curious to hear what you think hope you like it if not my next suggestion would be the Direct Drive I'm really liking mine other than that I'm thinking ...hmmm...

Did you get your OCD yet? Curious to hear what you think hope you like it if not my next suggestion would be the Direct Drive I'm really liking mine other than that I'm thinking ...hmmm...

It went through customs over here at 8:27pm today/night so maybe in a couple of days. Over it already. :)

Don't you mean ... I'm 99.99% certain that I'm sure, but it's the 00.01% that might swing it. ? :icon_scratch:

:diablo_mini:

It went through customs over here at 8:27pm today/night so maybe in a couple of days. Over it already. :)

Turned up today. I wasnt home. Daughter was but thought the white van looked suspicious so didnt answer the door. She phoned me and said she thought he looked like a terrorist. Oh well. Tomorrow I guess.

Whether you like the pedal or not, you at least have a good background story to go with it. Can't ship to Oz, somehow it gets shipped to Oz, gets thru Customs in short order, Terrorist-looking delivery guy so it doesn't get accepted. Shoot, that pedal has already got history!!

Whether you like the pedal or not, you at least have a good background story to go with it. Can't ship to Oz, somehow it gets shipped to Oz, gets thru Customs in short order, Terrorist-looking delivery guy so it doesn't get accepted. Shoot, that pedal has already got history!!

Yeah. Regular dramafest. Im too stupid to give up easily. :)

OCD arrived. Plugged in. Struck big chord. Didnt like it. Tweaked. meh, what ever. I like the OCD gain low with single coils but already have stomps that do that better. Its definitely just another stomp amongst many. It works but....

On the upside, a workmate who on a whim and without any research ordered a couple of pedals. I bought them home put them in line with others and like them.

Suhr Riot and Shiba is what I should have gotten to start with. They both work well with the amp and cab I was setting up the pedal board for. They sound more natural and less fizzy than the DLS, OCD and Zendrive through this amp. Have yet to try them through the Lone Star and others.

P1160871.jpg

Selling the OCD, DLS and Zendrive to fund the suhr's. :)

Archived