Heritage Owners Club

My Pedal Board

tulk1

I just added a riser to my PT2. What a great idea. I kept kicking the front row of pedals with my boot heels, kinda making "field adjustments", as it were. :aggressive_mini: Thought as long as I had it out and rearranged I'd post a pic. So, here's my pedal board.

pedalboard-kle-may2011.jpg

Guest HRB853370

I just added a riser to my PT2. What a great idea. I kept kicking the front row of pedals with my boot heels, kinda making "field adjustments", as it were. :aggressive_mini: Thought as long as I had it out and rearranged I'd post a pic. So, here's my pedal board.

pedalboard-kle-may2011.jpg

Oh, you cowboy players in a country band. Ditch the boots and your problems are solved!

cool board. I like that riser in the back. Is that a volume or wah pedal? Am curious about the Sheba and OCD - how do you use them, i.e. for different flavors of distortion/crunch etc. or are you one of those guys who likes to pile dirt upon dirt, i.e. engage 2 dirt pedals at once?

Katy,

Vol pedal ... as marked. :biggrin_mini:

Nothing is written in stone as to how the pedals are used. Different songs, different pedals. Then, yes, I do cascade them from time to time. Adds a different flavor, some boost. Depends on the song, who's playing on the other side of the stage, things like that.

cool board. I like that riser in the back. Is that a volume or wah pedal? Am curious about the Sheba and OCD - how do you use them, i.e. for different flavors of distortion/crunch etc. or are you one of those guys who likes to pile dirt upon dirt, i.e. engage 2 dirt pedals at once?

The Sheba is just for looks... Its not even wired up! :icon_biggrin:

The Sheba is just for looks... Its not even wired up! :icon_biggrin:

WRONG!! The Sheba is hooked. It's the Butah that isn't hooked up. :diablo_mini:

Was moving stuff around. Just haven't made the interconnect for it yet. Thought I'd try an OD in front of the volume pedal, just for grins. A great player here in the KC area suggested it, swears you need one hooked like that. That way you can still have your OD going, lower it's volume and still have the OD-goodness going on. Worth a shot.

Very nice looking board Kenny. How and when do you use the compressor? I've quit using mine, but I suspect that if I knew anything about it and when to use it, I would use it. To me it is just a boost and I can do that with the volume knob?

On my line 6 wireless, I have a seperate "line out" to the tuner. Does yours have that?

Very nice looking board Kenny. How and when do you use the compressor? I've quit using mine, but I suspect that if I knew anything about it and when to use it, I would use it. To me it is just a boost and I can do that with the volume knob?

On my line 6 wireless, I have a seperate "line out" to the tuner. Does yours have that?

On the compressor, I use it for it's "squashing" effect on a few tunes. Using humbuckers it's harder to get the bit'o twang, so I squash it down a bit, use the mid/treble pup and finger pop it to get closer to that tone. I've also used it as a limiter - I can turn on every pedal on the board and get no louder than the comp allows, but it has to be later in the line up for that.

On the Line6, uh ... I'll have to look again to see if it has that option. The vol has a tuner out but I don't use it. Right now, everything is in-line, on pedal to another. Pedal order starts on the right with the wireless, goes left to the Sheba, then up to the second tier Phase, left and out via the 'verb.

Looks useful. and together. ready to go. Unlike mine which looks unsure, fractured and stalled.

Mine too..the Scary part is I'm giggin with it..LOL :biggrin_mini:

Wow - a double decker. You're movin' on up there, cowboy. Looks useful and well laid out. I'm still wating for the pic of you in a 10-gallon, tho...

Feel like I'm missing something... I was using a Bad Monkey for a bit of boost, but that was just 'one more thing' and another cord so stopped putting it in the bag the last few weeks. Sometimes think a delay would be nice, and I like the tremolo on the PRRI and think I'd like that on the Allen, and then read about the (fill in new overdrive pedal here) and think I've gotta have one of THOSE... then I recoginze that I don't really wanna mess with a bunch of stuff...

... so I start dreaming about 2500 dollar boutique amps that will give 'that sound' instead... :)

Wow - a double decker. You're movin' on up there, cowboy. Looks useful and well laid out. I'm still wating for the pic of you in a 10-gallon, tho...

Feel like I'm missing something... I was using a Bad Monkey for a bit of boost, but that was just 'one more thing' and another cord so stopped putting it in the bag the last few weeks. Sometimes think a delay would be nice, and I like the tremolo on the PRRI and think I'd like that on the Allen, and then read about the (fill in new overdrive pedal here) and think I've gotta have one of THOSE... then I recoginze that I don't really wanna mess with a bunch of stuff...

... so I start dreaming about 2500 dollar boutique amps that will give 'that sound' instead... :)

oh yes, I HEAR ya brother! those who have ($2500 boutique amp) don't have to (mess w/a lot of pedals)

your quest for the marshall sound is a good one. my Wampler Super Plextortion is a good pedal to consider for that, if you don't end up buying an amp. I'm lusting after a Two Rock Gain amp . . . which boutique amp do u want?

oops, sorry, don't mean to hijack...just sorta happens...

oh yes, I HEAR ya brother! those who have ($2500 boutique amp) don't have to (mess w/a lot of pedals)

your quest for the marshall sound is a good one. my Wampler Super Plextortion is a good pedal to consider for that, if you don't end up buying an amp. I'm lusting after a Two Rock Gain amp . . . which boutique amp do u want?

i'd like anything with a "Juke" nameplate on it..Or "Carr" for that matter..Can you float me a loan? :drunken_smilie:

Was moving stuff around. Just haven't made the interconnect for it yet. Thought I'd try an OD in front of the volume pedal, just for grins. A great player here in the KC area suggested it, swears you need one hooked like that. That way you can still have your OD going, lower it's volume and still have the OD-goodness going on. Worth a shot.

Makes sense to me..

Smile - since I took a can opener to this thread (yeh, sorry Kenny), there ARE so many good amps out there - DrZ, Blackstar, Marshall, Savage, Carr, Juke, Red Plate, (Yoslate's guy, who's name escapes me at the moment), Germino, Metropoulos, Reinhardt, Two Rock, Bogner, Bacino, Carol Ann, TopHat, Matchless, Tone KingBad Cat, Divided by 13... on and on.

Anyway, at the moment the Reinhardt 'The 18' is near the top of my list followed closely w/Germino 40. Both fit the 1x12 combo weight and voicing character I'm looking for. Both are a grand more than I wanna spend. Still looking... rationalizing...

Then again, a Wampler pedal in front of the Allen may work just fine. And maybe a delay, a tremolo, a... oh, wait... :)

:hijacked: ................. :aggressive_mini:

Not that I really care. :biggrin_mini: Most threads have tangents. It's all in the family.

Personally, I like using pedals. Helps sculpt the sounds. We played a gig in April where I forgot my pedal board. I was lost. The band thought I sounded great without the pedals. :dontknow: What do they know? :drunken_smilie: We had a fiddle player sitting in that night, then with us again a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned that gig without the pedal board. Said he thought my sound was more "honest" and that I had to work more to get the tones. I prefer the pedals. ............. :rolleyes_mini:

As for amps ... I've been contemplating moving the Dr. Z Carmen Ghia to get a DRRI. Not sure why, other than I'd like one. Don't need one, but I'd like one. But, can't get that one without moving something else. Same with guitars. No more unless I move something else. Heck, that's half the fun.

Yeah, Kenny, I think you talked about that gig in one post.

I wish people would get over their hangups about pedals, they're just another tool in the arsenal.

Is the Dr Z Carmen Ghia voiced like a Maz?

Back to pedals: the use of a compressor to control volume level, overall, was intriguing. I traded mine away because I didn't like it controling my dynamic level when playing lead. I never thought to put it at the end of my chain to deal with spikes in volume.

May have to break down and get a vol. pedal.

Thats a good idea I gotta try it.

Archived