Heritage Owners Club

150 bridge issue

DCR

Hello. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have just bought my first Heritage and am unfortunately having a negative experience. I just bought a used Heritage 150, a 2010 model, through e bay from Speno Music in NY. When I got the guitar, I noticed that the bridge seemed to be at a strange angle. I measured it and it is 1/2" from the body on the bass side and 1/4" from the body on the treble side. I took it to the guitar shop where I get set ups done , thinking that maybe a set up would fix this. The tech said that the bridge had been adjusted this way to compensate for a problem with the way the neck sits in relation to the body, and that it is not fixable. The tech, in the business many years, said he had never seen a situation where the bridge had to be adjusted that radically to compensate. The shop is refusing to refund my money, denying that there is a problem with the guitar. I have sent a couple of emails to Heritage as the guitar is under warranty, according to the shop, but I have not heard anything back. I've looked at a lot of LP type guitars and I have never seen a situation where the bridge was so much higher off the body on one side than the other. Has anyone else ever seen this? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can't comment on the guitar, but I can tell you you're better off calling Heritage with your issue, rather than waiting for an email reply. Most likely, if Ren or Vince do respond via email (which is becoming rare), they'll still need to speak with you. Bummer that you have to take on the warranty issue yourself, rather your dealer helping. Still ..... call them. They'll make it right.

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear about all the problems you're having! There was a member on here that had an issue with a twisted fretboard which Heritage fixed (at what cost, I have no idea). Give Heritage some time, you can even call them... Do you have any pics you can share?

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I called Heritage and spoke with Ren. I am shipping it to them and they will look it over.

Glad to hear you got a hold of them and that they will be taking a look at it - rest assured it is going to be in very capable hands!

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I'm sure the boys at Heritage will make it right. It's a little late now, but how did you pay for this? I'd be tempted to file a claim with PayPal or my Credit card company and stick it to Speno music. There's no way in hell I'd let them stick this to me. I hope you gave them negative feedback - not that that helps anything but it might save the next guy from getting screwed by those boneheads.

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I called Heritage and spoke with Ren. I am shipping it to them and they will look it over.

At least if Ren says it's wrong, the dealer has to respect that and honor the warranty. Good move.

Here is a picture of mine. You can see the post on the bass side is about 1/2" higher than the post on the treble side. It plays wonderfully and has never given me any problems. I think the reason for the difference is that the cap was taken down a litlle more on the bass side then on the treble side and has nothing to do with the neck.

post-1171-0-10004600-1306417674_thumb.jpg

Archived