Heritage Owners Club

Don't look at guitars on eBay when drinking!

212Mavguy

I got home and had to do a few chores, and wow, how impatient I was to open up the box and hear her!

I took her out, and this guitar looked better than most new in showroom guitars, maybe a couple of the tiniest dings on the top that a person would have to angle just right in the light to see.

Plugged her into my Ceriatone HRM D-clone, flipped the Rock/jazz switch to the Jazz side, and the most amazing, smooth, FAT, WARM, JUICY, SWEET tones just oozed out. Compared to my other Heritage guitars, (each gorgeous in their own right) this one sounds like all the tones were like fresh home made biscuits right out of the cast iron pan from the oven slathered with warm honey butter, just dripping hot sweet stickyness everywhere! :icon_sunny:

The bridge pickup besides delivering unmistakably bridge sounding tones exhibited more girth than many guitars do with the neck pickup. And this was while strung with 10's! Blended, she was fat, warm, and just a tad of sparkle on top. Neck only, simply HUUUGE, warm sounds gushed out. Digging in provided a lot of bounce and growl, the Schallers seem hotter than the Seth Lovers in my 555, I think that they are a good fit for this instrument tonewise. It had a tendency to feed back at higher gain and volumes like my 516/bigsby does, but that was easy to keep under control with my Hilton volume pedal. I can get those singing feedback tones at small room volumes like my 516 can. Sustain was surprisingly good. Probably one of the biggest surprises was how lively and loud it sounded playing straight acoustic, not plugged in, had a nice acoustic tone as well. I can not remember having a more difficult time to stop playing in order to eat supper, but my 85 year old mother is visiting and she cooked, so there was no issue...

This is probably the most screaming deal out of all the Heritage guitars I have ever acquired! :headbang:

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! :wav:

Archived