Heritage Owners Club

Don't look at guitars on eBay when drinking!

212Mavguy

http://cgi.ebay.com/1999-Heritage-H-576-Hollow-Body-Guitar-Jazz-Box-/380344268446?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D418364139080903275

I had just climbed out of the bathtub after soaking for a good while, listening to blues, enjoying a very strong (9.5%), big bottle of "Brainless" ale from the Uinta Brewing company...then I went to eBay to see what was up. I had always wondered about how a 576 would sound, had drooled over them on the company site.

So in a brainless moment I practiced poor impulse control and made an offer, went out to a gig with my buddies' band and (had a dezzie driver,) stayed the night after the gig, then got home and took a nap. Found out when I woke up that the seller had accepted my offer, so I paid and now am waiting for the arrival. It's my second antique natural Heritage, my beloved 555 is the other one.

I got it bad... this will be my fifth Heritage... two Millies, the 555, the Gretsch-y looking 516, and now the 576. I'm sure that it will sound pretty special. All of my other Heritage guitars sure do!

Guest HRB853370

Oh boy, I can relate. I have returned home many times from a night out of imbibing, only find myself cruising Ebay and bidding on stuff I don't need and can't afford. Somehow, the alcohol diminishes my reluctance to bid on things. I know I have actually bought a guitar or two under the same circumstances.

Does this fit in the same category as the girl who goes to a party, gets drunk, then later finds herself knocked up?

While I don't recommend your method, so far it looks like you landed on your feet with this one. The H-576 is my favorite big box Heritage, even though they don't make them anymore. The finish on this one only adds to its mojo. Let us know how it sounds.

Ooooo Baby! That's a looker! You'll enjoy it, and as Anthony Soprano sez "Fogettaboutit" (i.e. how you got it!)

Mavguy! Well done! Exactly like mine, save for Tone-Pros tailpiece and bridge, Grover Imperial tuners, chicken-head knobs, and a pair of Duncan Phat Cats. Mine's a '90, is the first Heritage I bought, and is a very versatile guitar, which sounds fabulous. Can't wait to hear your in-hand description!

Great score on that guitar! I can certainly relate to purchasing a guitar or three while under the influence.....haha! Problem is, I don't drink anymore, but when that "GAS" impulse hits me, I'll still very vulnerable to making a purchase.

What a great buy on a great guitar!!

477190966_o.jpg

That is a real looker!

I admired it on the Bay myself, and while the grain and figure in the top is gorgeous, I think the beauty of the top is further accentuated by the matching headstock overlay, pick guard and MOP blocks.

Congratulations 212 Mavguy!

I'll assure you that I've personally awakened after drinking the night before to discover I did much worse than you...Congrats, she's gorgeous!

Yea, once I got the entire series of "Mama's Family" on VHS taped off of tv with all the commercials. :drunken_smilie:

Archived