Heritage Owners Club

problem with h-140

big bob

So I took the new 140 to band practice last friday and she sounded great. I camped out mostly on the neck and mid pups, they sounded great. Well today I drug all the gear out to the garage to practice got it all set up and for the life of me all I could get was a real muddy sound, not crisp not bright at all. I was running it through the clean channel on my Marshall DSL 401. So I adjusted the pup height and screw height and plugged her back in. Well now I got nothing, no sound at all... I go in the house and get my favorite home build, one I know sounds great. I plug her in and BAM, nothing.. My amp is dead..I can wiggle the #1 preamp tube and she comes back to life but not really.. I guess it's time to take the old gal in.

My Condolences..I had a similar problem..turns out I just had to replace the first pre-amp tubes, and voila!! Back in Business!! hope yours is that simple..

Hopefully it's just a bad tube, certainly worth trying another before taking her in to see the doc

Else, sounds like it's something real simple regarding that preamp socket (pins not making a good connection, solder joint gone bad, etc...)

Of course you can always just send it my way! I'll get her up and running in no time, and as an added bonus I'll even spend then next month or so doing quality control testing to make sure she remains in good health, then give her back to you come early August... let's just call it "rehab" ;)

Of course you can always just send it my way! I'll get her up and running in no time, and as an added bonus I'll even spend then next month or so doing quality control testing to make sure she remains in good health, then give her back to you come early August... let's just call it "rehab" ;)

What a pal, what a pal....

Problem fixed. I replaced one of the preamp tubes and BAM. she's up and running. The pups on the 140 are no longer dark, although the fat bastard in the neck is a little but mixed with the split coil in the bridge sings nice. I'm still not sure about keeping the marshall, I would really like to have a clean channel that I could use.

Problem fixed. I replaced one of the preamp tubes and BAM. she's up and running. The pups on the 140 are no longer dark, although the fat bastard in the neck is a little but mixed with the split coil in the bridge sings nice. I'm still not sure about keeping the marshall, I would really like to have a clean channel that I could use.

Get A Classic 30..Nice Clean Channel with a GREAT REVERB!!

Archived