Heritage Owners Club

show me your prospects

big bob

Guest HRB853370

I'm thinking of a custom order prospect.

Show me what you have.

So you have a "prospect"ive order you are contemplating Lance? My guess is it will have 3 pickups and a Bigsby? Would that be a fair statement?

For some reason, I have a real hard time trying to like the Prospect.

i'm with ya on that. (watch out for flying objects coming from mr. tulk's direction).

otoh, the millie dc has piqued my interest of late . . .

i'm with ya on that. (watch out for flying objects coming from mr. tulk's direction).

otoh, the millie dc has piqued my interest of late . . .

Millie is another interesting guitar whose pics aren't doing it justice. Another one of those instruments I'd have to see first hand before making a decision...

No slings, no arrows. No flying objects. I thought the Prospect looked funny, too. At first. When I decided to custom order a Heritage, my wife and I went thru the website, looked at all the guitars we were interested in. It was between the Millie DC and the Prospect. She thought the Prospect looked funny, so we went with the Millie DC. And now ... I think IT looks funny. Well, compared to the Prospect. :rolleyes_mini:

Tell you what, tho'. Both are outstanding guitars. Both have turned heads at the PSPs with their looks, which is fine. But more importantly ... with their tone!! The DC without the F-Holes is more like a chambered or LW 150. Except for the all maple body. The Prospect --- all semi, to the bone. Fits great, hangs well with it's light weight body. And just, well, it's just a great guitar!! That's it. We all have different ideas about what is or is not THE guitar for us. But I just can't imagine anyone that likes semi's to not like a Prospect. And yeah, funny ears and all. :icon_thumleft:

2008-MillieDC-NFH.jpg2010-Prospect-Custom.jpg

kenny, i gotta say that your prospect does not look ungainly like the one on the H website. it must have to do with the finish. yours is gorgeous! i wonder how much the absence of F holes makes to the tone of your millie . . .

kenny, i gotta say that your prospect does not look ungainly like the one on the H website. it must have to do with the finish. yours is gorgeous! i wonder how much the absence of F holes makes to the tone of your millie . . .

The Prospect is hard to photograph. I took about 10 pics and got just a couple I could use. Probably why people shy away from it. Their loss. And thank you for the comments on the finish. It was a total mystery to me what the finish would come out as. I told Vince I had OSB and a DALSB. But I liked dark finishes -- just surprise me. And they did!! :biggrin_mini:

On the Millie, I'd say the absence of the F-Holes is the BIG contributor to it's tone. It's nothing like my old Millie SAE. That's sort of why I tell people it's more like an H150LW than a Millie. But, in it's defense, it does at times have some of the semi properties. You can feel the chambers trying to push the air out, like semi's do. There's just nowhere for it to go. ......... :drunken_smilie:

i just noticed that your prospect has a pg; seems to make the instrument look better. i'm not a particular fan of pg-less guitars to begin with so perhaps the prospect's shape--to my eyes--is not enhanced when no pg is present.

the education continues . . . :icon_sunny:

The Prospect has a lot going for it. It would be a great platform for making custom dreams come true.

I think sometimes the cutouts look a little more exaggerated than they really are.

I also think the Prospect has a bit more of a slender design looks a little sleeker, almost feminine in its curves, and feels nicer to play overall. I will say the H-535 gives you a little more room for vibrato in the upper frets. Still, in person, they look just fine, not sure why they look more Mickey Mouse-ish in the ears in photos. Maybe somewhat in the angle of the photos?

Anyway, I love mine.

Heritage014.jpg

Heritage018.jpg

Heritage016.jpg

Heritage015.jpg

Archived