Heritage Owners Club

Oh if I could ever find one... and then afford it! haha.

1946/1947 Gibson BR-1

Reason being is that Danny Cedrone was the reason I wanted to play guitar. He gave me that first spark with his lead on Rock Around the Clock (I first heard it on the opening to Happy Days as a kid before they changed it). He played a 1946 ES 300 through one of these. If I can snag a Heritage similarly equipped to the 300... I'd love to get my hands on of these or if someone made a clone... but I somehow doubt anyone clones this fella.

Amp was made in K'zoo by the way. ;)

Guest HRB853370

1946/1947 Gibson BR-1

Reason being is that Danny Cedrone was the reason I wanted to play guitar. He gave me that first spark with his lead on Rock Around the Clock (I first heard it on the opening to Happy Days as a kid before they changed it). He played a 1946 ES 300 through one of these. If I can snag a Heritage similarly equipped to the 300... I'd love to get my hands on of these or if someone made a clone... but I somehow doubt anyone clones this fella.

Amp was made in K'zoo by the way. ;)

Oh yeah, the Comets were great, I grew up listening to them too. Brian Setzer had to have been hugely influenced by Cedrone, ya think? By the way Barry, since you are in the Atlanta area, have you ever had the chance to see the Psycho Devilles, a local (and somewhat national) rockabilly group? Hot Rod Walt can really rock out with his Gretsch guitar!

Oh yeah, the Comets were great, I grew up listening to them too. Brian Setzer had to have been hugely influenced by Cedrone, ya think? By the way Barry, since you are in the Atlanta area, have you ever had the chance to see the Psycho Devilles, a local (and somewhat national) rockabilly group? Hot Rod Walt can really rock out with his Gretsch guitar!

Never seen him but have definitely heard his stuff. He is VERY good.

Setzer had to be heavily influenced by his sound. Eddie Cochran and Gene Vincent too.

Another guy who's playing really had an influence on me was Chuck Berry.

Archived