Heritage Owners Club

Gibson BR-1 clone schematics

Any of you amp building freaks come across such a thing?

I am hoping to get an Eagle Classic in the next couple of years dressed like an ES300 like Danny Cedrone's in regards to construction. To match, I'd love a modern BR-1 clone. Simple. Strong. No BS.

Thanks!

So what's the nostalgia for a Gibson amp?

Danny Cedrone, my good man. :)

On his recording of Rock Around the Clock he used a 1946 ES 300 and a BR-1 amp.

It would just be a cool to-have.

I would say if there was a single guitarist that sparked my interest in playing guitar, it was Danny Cedrone. Setzer maintained that spark afterwards though. :)

Then came Alex Skolnick. :D

Although Heritage doesn't make an H500 (Just assuming a Heritage approximation of the ES 300 would be the H500), I figure the Eagle Classic would be pretty close. Save for the Spruce top and none of it is laminate... and the humbuckers. :)

It looks like a google search turned this up:

Gibson BR 1

Ok... I wanna try to build this thing. Doesn't appear to be a lot of parts and this may be as simple and amp as they come.

I will need some guidance though. Would you mind if I pick your brain on this one? I am decent with a soldering iron. Time wiring pickups. :)

Ok... I wanna try to build this thing. Doesn't appear to be a lot of parts and this may be as simple and amp as they come.

I will need some guidance though. Would you mind if I pick your brain on this one? I am decent with a soldering iron. Time wiring pickups. :)

Not at all, pick away!

Danny Cedrone, my good man. :)

On his recording of Rock Around the Clock he used a 1946 ES 300 and a BR-1 amp.

It would just be a cool to-have.

I would say if there was a single guitarist that sparked my interest in playing guitar, it was Danny Cedrone. Setzer maintained that spark afterwards though. :)

Then came Alex Skolnick. :D

Although Heritage doesn't make an H500 (Just assuming a Heritage approximation of the ES 300 would be the H500), I figure the Eagle Classic would be pretty close. Save for the Spruce top and none of it is laminate... and the humbuckers. :)

Ah, Rock around the clock... Very cool. Didn't know that.

Archived