Heritage Owners Club

I'm going to Mecca tomorrow...

Kuz

And a little something is going to be following me home. 8)

I'm doing the ol' factory pick-up to insure the brown truck doesn't drop/lose/abuse/mishandle/ect.

Plus it gives me excuse to take a vacation day and see the ol' gang again! ;D

Anybody need any questions answered?

I'll probably be there from 8:30-10mam EST.

Let me know!

Kuz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you could ask what the official lead time is now if ordering a custom guitar from a dealer.

I've been thinking of ordering a guitar but not knowing has put me off.

I could handle 3 to 4 months but 6 months to a year would kill the deal for me.

Thanks.

My almondburst Super is drying.  Maybe you could get peek? Tell the boys I never lost faith!  ingeneri has a Groovemaster in probably the same spot.  A sighting of either would be very cool!  Congrats on your acquisition, Kuz.  We expect a comprehensive report!

My almondburst Super is drying.  Maybe you could get peek? Tell the boys I never lost faith!  ingeneri has a Groovemaster in probably the same spot.  A sighting of either would be very cool!  Congrats on your acquisition, Kuz.  We expect a comprehensive report!

Hey,

Give me some more info about those 2 guitars and I'll definitely try to spot them. Maybe even a couple of pics for you if your good ;D

I'm leaving the house at 5:00am but I'll take my laptop and if I can get a wireless signal some where, check this thread before I go in the factory.

Best,

Kuz

Hey,

Give me some more info about those 2 guitars and I'll definitely try to spot them. Maybe even a couple of pics for you if your good ;D

I'm leaving the house at 5:00am but I'll take my laptop and if I can get a wireless signal some where, check this thread before I go in the factory.

Best,

Kuz

Thanks, Kuz.  We suspect both guitars are at the same stage of completion.  I was told mine had been sprayed and was drying.  I assume ingeneri's was done about the same time, based on what he's heard from his dealer.  They should be pretty easy to spot.  I'm not sure of the spec on the Groovemaster, but I think it's similar to the Super.  The Super is huge, 18" at the lower bout, ebony board with split block inlay.  It'll be cut for P-90's rather than humbuckers, and mine will have a custom ordered neck, 1 3/4" inches at the nut, rather than 1 11/16ths".  The finish will be almondburst, that's a reddish-brown burst.  Don't know what finish is on the Groovemaster.  There can't be too many of either model floating around there, though.  I hope you have a really good time at Parsons Street.  Safe trip!  Thanks again!! 

Be careful, the north side of kalamazoo isnt the best (kidding, well kinda)...lock your doors... ;D

Thanks, Brent.

i've been to Parsons St, five or six times before and used to be employed by The Upjohn Company (although not based in K-zoo). So anyhow I'm pretty familiar with the surrounding, but thanks for the advice anyhow.

There can't be too many of either model floating around there, though.  I hope you have a really good time at Parsons Street. 

Oh Slate you are incorrect with the above. When I was at the plant in Feb they had about 40 or so Archtops in various phases of finishing. They had about another 30-40 guitars of all styles waiting to be shipped.

Since I know the specs on yours, I'll hunt her down. Since I don't know the color or specs on the Groovemaster, it may be more difficult.

I'm an hour away at a Starbucks. I'm so excited I'm gonna pee myself (and maybe literally if I don't pull over after this coffee)

Updates to come.

I'm liking the play by play...very cool ;D

Yes!  I'll have fun jumping in and out of this thread during the day, here at work!  Feels almost like a few of us are making the trip together.  I just realized I'm now officially jazzed about the trip this summer...zillion dollar gas notwithstanding....  Thanks again, Kuz!

Well, I'm about 30 mins from my house, new guitar in hand, and a bunch of news.

Since Brent was kind of enough to allow the teaser pics last time :P ;D, I'll do some teasing myself (not for too long i promise). >:D

So what do you want to know the good news, good news, good news, about my guitar, or the bad news?

Realize I am pirating some wireless with a poor signal and could loose the signal at any time ;D

Well, I'm about 30 mins from my house, new guitar in hand, and a bunch of news.

Since Brent was kind of enough to allow the teaser pics last time :P ;D, I'll do some teasing myself (not for too long i promise). >:D

So what do you want to know the good news, good news, good news, about my guitar, or the bad news?

Realize I am pirating some wireless with a poor signal and could loose the signal at any time ;D

Probably best to get the bad news out of the way first, I hate bad news, especially about guitars  :'(

You made the trip!  You have a new stick!  You must be about to bust to tell us about your end of this, so go ahead and file a report, beginning with an initial description of the new guitar.  Then do the day chronologically.       ;D

Bad news- camera broke no pics!!!!

I will post pics of my new ********** when I get Home ;D (around 7:30)

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Archived