Heritage Owners Club

I'm going to Mecca tomorrow...

Kuz

Slate,

I got to go (I know you are really gonna be pissed at me).

But I have news.... ;D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH S***!!!

No he's gonna be pissed that I have to leave, not on the news!

Bad news- camera broke no pics!!!!

I will post pics of my new ********** when I get Home ;D (around 7:30)

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Hey Kuz. What dealer do you order your guitars through?

Looking forward to seeing your new axe. ;D

I just got home from work and am catching up with the thread.  Kuz, you're a riot!  I really am LMAO!!  So sorry about the camera, but as a story this just gets better and better!  You guys are killin' me!  This will be a good laugh in July!!!  Thanks guys!

:laughing1::laughing5::happy3::toothy10::laughing4::laughing11::happy6::laughing6:

Like you forgot to bring batteries broke ?  ;D

BINGO!!! (actually the rechargeable was dead) and I dropped the cell phone months ago and broke the lens ;D

I have used 2 dealers

-one is local, Hauer Music in Dayton OH.

-the other is Wolfe Guitars

I like both and both have some short comings.

Hauer music is a Heritage dealer, has 5 or so in stock, really appreciates my business (doesn't take for granted), I can speak to live, and will call Heritage directly to follow up on custom orders. I do have to pay tax (I still try to support him) I have bought 4 Heritages from him.

Wolf guitars- has a big selection, has the most knowledge of any Heritage dealer about Heritage guitars, has a direct line to Heritage.

With first 150 GT P-90s they spent a lot of time on the phone with me (they did not notice/notify me of the finish blemishes I have posted). The guitar I got today from the factor, it seemed like Graham didn't want to talk and was very short on the phone (we had about 4-5 calls on this guitar about specific customizations, ect) I asked 3 time for a final price from Graham ( he gave me a ballpark and didn't charge me a deposit) and he is always too busy (but happy to give the price when she came in and I had the credit card ready). I wouldn't call it a bad experience, but considering I call Heritage with all the specs and checked with them directly about the progress & completion (all Graham had to do was 1. call in the general order & tell Heritage I would call them with the specifics and 2. Take my money ( no set up, ect ) I did get the feeling I was "just[ a number"./i]

With that said I would order from them again, but miss the personal attention of Hauers (which is just as big if not bigger a music story)- Maybe worth the extra $220 in tax?!

Enough about me.

How about Slates guitar.

I saw and actually picked her up personally. She is finishing drying and not buffed yet.

-BeautifulGuitar, Flamed maple neck, Flamed around the sides of the headstock, P-90s ready, split MOP inlays,

-And even though she isn't buffed to gloss yet she may have the most beautiful tobacco sunburst I have ever seen!!! :afro:

Good news on finish date. Ren personally said barring any hick-ups, she will be shipped in 2-3 weeks.

Man those p-90s are going to kill in that Super!!!! 8) 8)

Enough about me.

How about Slates guitar.

I saw and actually picked her up personally. She is finishing drying and not buffed yet.

-BeautifulGuitar, Flamed maple neck, Flamed around the sides of the headstock, P-90s ready, split MOP inlays,

-And even though she isn't buffed to gloss yet she may have the most beautiful tobacco sunburst I have ever seen!!! :afro:

Good news on finish date. Ren personally said barring any hick-ups, she will be shipped in 2-3 weeks.

Man those p-90s are going to kill in that Super!!!! 8) 8)

wow that is cool...it probably wasnt even assembled the last time i was there

Kuz:

A most sincere and heartfelt thanks for your thoughtfulness in looking after me and my box, something you had absolutely no reason to do for a total stranger!!  But this is why I spend so much time with you guys on the HOC!  There are, clearly, fine people here!  

To me, this guitar is only an idea, and I am deeply in love with it!  It already has a history, which I'll tell to anyone who cares to listen, in July, after some appropriate libation!  Karma up, Kuz, for your consideration!!!  Just one thing....  And this might only add to the folklore...you said "tobacco sunburst"...mine's supposed to be a dark almondburst....  Hmmmm???   So How's your piece?  Done enough inspection to file a report?  Do tell!!!

Kuz:

A most sincere and heartfelt thanks for your thoughtfulness in looking after me and my box, something you had absolutely no reason to do for a total stranger!!  But this is why I spend so much time with you guys on the HOC!  There are, clearly, fine people here! 

To me, this guitar is only an idea, and I am deeply in love with it!  It already has a history, which I'll tell to anyone who cares to listen, in July, after some appropriate libation!  Karma up, Kuz, for your consideration!!!  Just one thing....  And this might only add to the folklore...you said "tobacco sunburst"...mine's supposed to be a dark almondburst....  Hmmmm???  So How's your piece?  Done enough inspection to file a report?  Do tell!!!

Oh, sorry about the finish don't you like tobacco sunburst?

I have used 2 dealers

-one is local, Hauer Music in Dayton OH.

-the other is Wolfe Guitars

I like both and both have some short comings.

Hauer music is a Heritage dealer, has 5 or so in stock, really appreciates my business (doesn't take for granted), I can speak to live, and will call Heritage directly to follow up on custom orders. I do have to pay tax (I still try to support him) I have bought 4 Heritages from him.

Wolf guitars- has a big selection, has the most knowledge of any Heritage dealer about Heritage guitars, has a direct line to Heritage.

With first 150 GT P-90s they spent a lot of time on the phone with me (they did not notice/notify me of the finish blemishes I have posted). The guitar I got today from the factor, it seemed like Graham didn't want to talk and was very short on the phone (we had about 4-5 calls on this guitar about specific customizations, ect) I asked 3 time for a final price from Graham ( he gave me a ballpark and didn't charge me a deposit) and he is always too busy (but happy to give the price when she came in and I had the credit card ready). I wouldn't call it a bad experience, but considering I call Heritage with all the specs and checked with them directly about the progress & completion (all Graham had to do was 1. call in the general order & tell Heritage I would call them with the specifics and 2. Take my money ( no set up, ect ) I did get the feeling I was "just[ a number"./i]

With that said I would order from them again, but miss the personal attention of Hauers (which is just as big if not bigger a music story)- Maybe worth the extra $220 in tax?!

Thanks Kuz for info. Did you here any news from Heritage on website upgrade or new models?

I had heard that they will come out with a "special" 535 celebrating there comeback.

Kuz:

Just one thing....  And this might only add to the folklore...you said "tobacco sunburst"...mine's supposed to be a dark almondburst....  Hmmmm??? 

I am a dirty basta*d> I couldn't hold out for your response!!! :P ;D ;D ;D

Yes it's Almondburst and it's PERFECT.

Sorry about the joke. I just couldn't resist. A guy waits over a year for a guitar and I punch him in the N*ts like that. Man, I'm sorry Slate. You are probably trying to reach Wolfe as I'm typing this. Please forgive me >:D :'(

Thanks Kuz for info. Did you here any news from Heritage on website upgrade or new models?

I had heard that they will come out with a "special" 535 celebrating there comeback.

Yep saw two new models

1. "23" which is a 535 with "23" in the MOP block fret board marker. It also has white (yea, I think white instead of cream) binding, and maybe slightly unique hardware. But still it looked like a 535 with Block inlays (instead of dots) with a "23" and white binding. Not to poo-poo the "23" but since I have two 555s, I didn't pay that much attention.

2. "110" a completely new design. A smaller, lighter guitar (weight relieved coming in under 6.5 lbs). It has a rounded top (like 150 or LP) with an asymmetrical double cut away. Iam not sure of the scale length but would guess 24.75". Looks better than an SG with the curved top and asymmetrical double cutaway.

Body shape reminded me of this guitar some spoiled guy has... :-[ (except with a top cutaway as well)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/jjkuz/80703-2.jpg

Sorry about the joke. I just couldn't resist. A guy waits over a year for a guitar and I punch him in the N*ts like that. Man, I'm sorry Slate. You are probably trying to reach Wolfe as I'm typing this. Please forgive me >:D :'(

Just as I read that response, my wife decided we needed to get out on our evening constitutional...where we "debated" whether or not I should pay for a guitar I didn't order.  I was "philosophical"...after a year, what could I be?  She was royally pissed off, stopping just short of demanding I not take delivery on the thing.  ...In the last two years my brother has fought a near fatal diagnosis of cancer (which he beat!!!) and two of my best friends have committed suicide.  I can't get too despondent over a color on an otherwise magical musical instrument.  I dig the fun you had with this, makes me feel as though we've bonded jut a bit.  But if you ever have occasion to meet my wife...you'd better...well, you've seen what the defenders do on a free kick in soccer!!!  Thanks for everything, brother; It's been a fun day!             

Sorry about the joke. I just couldn't resist.

OOOHHHHH....that was sneaky

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

2. "110" a completely new design. A smaller, lighter guitar (weight relieved coming in under 6.5 lbs). It has a rounded top (like 150 or LP) with an asymmetrical double cut away. Iam not sure of the scale length but would guess 24.75". Looks better than an SG with the curved top and asymmetrical double cutaway.

i may have to take trip to kalamazoo to scope out this newbie!!!! :laugh:

Just as I read that response, my wife decided we needed to get out on our evening constitutional...where we "debated" whether or not I should pay for a guitar I didn't order.  I was "philosophical"...after a year, what could I be?  She was royally pissed off, stopping just short of demanding I not take delivery on the thing.  ...In the last two years my brother has fought a near fatal diagnosis of cancer (which he beat!!!) and two of my best friends have committed suicide.  I can't get too despondent over a color on an otherwise magical musical instrument.  I dig the fun you had with this, makes me feel as though we've bonded jut a bit.  But if you ever have occasion to meet my wife...you'd better...well, you've seen what the defenders do on a free kick in soccer!!!  Thanks for everything, brother; It's been a fun day!             

I can handle you mad at me (sorry I couldn't resist, and again ask you forgive me :'() but I completely understand about the estrogen rage. A "I'm sorry card" may be in order for the Mrs...

And it is a dark Almondburst just as you described. I wanted to be clear on that.

P.S. You can tell her I did wait 10 months for my custom dream guitar and it was shipped in the wrong color. (That was kinda the reason for the gag)

Show the Mrs. this pic of my "Chestnut Burst" Custom 555!!! ( I wouldn't have it any other color now)

_DSC1911-Edit2.jpg

_DSC1911-Edit2.jpg_thumb

i may have to take trip to kalamazoo to scope out this newbie!!!! :laugh:

Seeing what guitars you like Brent, I thought of you immediately when I saw it.

Good luck with your future finances, if you want a new Heritage (again up to you) I'm confident that the passionate, dedicated person you are, will come out of this "life's Speed bump" just fine.

Good luck buddy!

Really enjoyed the play by play, Kuz.  Thanks much for posting it - a great read.  And thanks for the new model info - they both sound like really interesting guits.

This is really going to be funny when he has photos of it with his home town newspaper with tomorrow's date.  Lee Harvey Cuz.  Your a cold muthuh...........

Cuz, 1 karma point for kickin' a man when he is down.  >:D

Cuz, 1 karma point for kickin' a man when he is down.   >:D

So...uh...Bird....  You will  be in K'zoo in July...?  Right?  (...a series of methodical,  barely audible metallic clicking sounds, heard in the background, the smell of parafin and sulphur wafting faintly in the humid air....)                    :evil3:

So...uh...Bird....  You will  be in K'zoo in July...?  Right?  (...a series of methodical,  barely audible metallic clicking sounds, heard in the background, the smell of parafin and sulphur wafting faintly in the humid air....)                    :evil3:

Yeah man, I wouldn't miss it.  Just so you know me when you see me here is my picture.  :angel:

width=600 height=450http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/P1010045.jpg[/img]

:laughing4:

LMAO...!  That guy in the picture, probably not so much!

Archived