Heritage Owners Club

Mesa/Boogie TA-30

This is a damn fine sounding amp.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Transatlantic/transatlantic-TA-30.html

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Transatlantic/transatlantic-TA-30.html#gpm1_4

I don't know how well it cleans up as these videos get only about as clean as, say, Setzer with the Stray Cats. So... I can't say if this'd be for the modern jazzer. Video also doesn't show how nasty its gain can get. So... I can't say if it is for metal folks either.

I can DEFINITELY say that it seems to do rockabilly, blues to rock to hard rock with no issue.

Comes with the expected Mesa price tag. Not cheap... but not a cheap amp either.

The heads seem to go for about $1500 for the head and $1650 for the combo. With Mesa's price control, I wouldn't expect this to vary much.

It does a nice clean. But it is only a 25w el84 amp so there is a volume limit before it gets a bit gainy/compressed. It may work for some. I like it with a strat.

The TA is more me than the express 5:25.

I could see it working for me as I tend to like the older late 40's amp sounds and there is always that bit of breakup. :)

They were supposed to make it one. You could also try a Orange Tiny Terror or get a Tiny Terror 1x12 ext. cab.

They may still yet. Just haven't posted it up. The Orange Tiny Terror is a pretty nice amp too. ... and, DAMN, it is it orange. haha.

This is a damn fine sounding amp.

http://www.mesaboogi...ntic-TA-30.html

http://www.mesaboogi...-30.html#gpm1_4

I don't know how well it cleans up as these videos get only about as clean as, say, Setzer with the Stray Cats. So... I can't say if this'd be for the modern jazzer. Video also doesn't show how nasty its gain can get. So... I can't say if it is for metal folks either.

I can DEFINITELY say that it seems to do rockabilly, blues to rock to hard rock with no issue.

Comes with the expected Mesa price tag. Not cheap... but not a cheap amp either.

The heads seem to go for about $1500 for the head and $1650 for the combo. With Mesa's price control, I wouldn't expect this to vary much.

I've always been intrigued by Mesa, but I'm intimidated by all the knobs they seem to have..i'm more of a plug and play sort of guy..That's why I like my C-30 and my Old Gibby..Simple, Straightforward controls..Because I'm a simple man..Hey..Skynyrd should write a song about that!! LOL

I gig the TA15, on 15watts, vox side. Love it. Push a Mesa Widebody 112 with it. It sounds huge. And I get tons of compliments on the tone. Not my playing, mind you. But on the tone! The Tweed side gets very realistic, as well. I think Mesa hit another homer with this one. :thumbsup:

I gig the TA15, on 15watts, vox side. Love it. Push a Mesa Widebody 112 with it. It sounds huge. And I get tons of compliments on the tone. Not my playing, mind you. But on the tone! The Tweed side gets very realistic, as well. I think Mesa hit another homer with this one. :thumbsup:

Yah, love the voxy side. Wondered how you were going with it. Sounds like you are going fine with it.

Do you use reverb or delay pedal in front? if so how do you find it on the amps break up?

For some reason (I haven't bothered to analyze yet) I prefer the TA-15 over the Ta-30.

Yah, love the voxy side. Wondered how you were going with it. Sounds like you are going fine with it.

Do you use reverb or delay pedal in front? if so how do you find it on the amps break up?

For some reason (I haven't bothered to analyze yet) I prefer the TA-15 over the Ta-30.

Use both Reverb and Delay. The 'verb is on most of the time. Using the Boss FRV-1 (Fender 'verb). It's much better than Vox's onboard reverb in either the AC15 or AC30. I use a pretty cheap delay pedal - Danelectro something or other and it takes it just fine. I get most of my breakup from the OCD on low drive. Pickups at 5/6 for most of the playing, leads on 7/8. If I need actual dirt on a song I flip in the Suhr Shiba. Stacks very well with the OCD in every amp I've played. I haven't really explored the Tweedy side of the TA, yet. Thought I'd set it up as the drive channel someday. But seems the amp stays in the trailer most times between gigs, which seems to be every weekend lately - I shouldn't complain.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived