Heritage Owners Club

Bought an acoustic amp this weekend - Marshall AS50D. 50w, 2 channel, 3 input (1x 1/4" per channel, 1XLR on channel 2). Has a global Phase switch, Notch filter, channel assignable Reverb - pretty cool; it's on a pot that can add 'verb to either/both channels. Chorus is assignable to either channel. Vol, Treb, Bass per channel and a Master vol. Back has an FX Loop and global pre-power amp DI. And foot switchable 'verb/chrous. Does a great job of reproducing the natural sound of the banjo and Larrivee acoustic. The mando - it's always been a problem child getting the mandolin to sound proper when amplified. Between the Baggs Radius pup and the new amp, it's more than good enough; it's downright mandolicious! All in all, for a $300 - $400 acoustic amp, this thing rocks. It'll get it's first on stage workout this coming weekend.

Standard pic, as they all look alike.

as50dfeature1.jpg

Huh, interesting. So you'll have more control over your acoustic instrument sound both on stage and shaping the signal to the board. Should work really well. Looking forward to your gig checkout report.

That's the idea. And since the DI is pre-power I can adjust the stage vol without affecting the PA vol. Or so it says. That's pretty cool. Spent some more time with the whole rig last night, tweaking here and there; swapping pedal board components to get the best sound, least path.

I'd had a boost pedal on the mandolin. Both the Schatten and Baggs pickups didn't have the volume of the banjo pickup. Hence the boost to level them out. The Schatten is overly bright and the Baggs is overly mid-rangy. Wasn't really happy with either one. Then I remembered this silly, very inexpensive bottle cap pickup I had lying around. Used some of the Baggs putty to get it on the mando and ....... wow!! There was my Mandolin sound. Played with the amount of putty on the transducer and eventually got the vol up with the banjo. Took the boost off the board and there she be. A/B/Y to tuner to Vol pedal to DI to amp. Should be fun!

Bought an acoustic amp this weekend - Marshall AS50D. 50w, 2 channel, 3 input (1x 1/4" per channel, 1XLR on channel 2). Has a global Phase switch, Notch filter, channel assignable Reverb - pretty cool; it's on a pot that can add 'verb to either/both channels. Chorus is assignable to either channel. Vol, Treb, Bass per channel and a Master vol. Back has an FX Loop and global pre-power amp DI. And foot switchable 'verb/chrous. Does a great job of reproducing the natural sound of the banjo and Larrivee acoustic. The mando - it's always been a problem child getting the mandolin to sound proper when amplified. Between the Baggs Radius pup and the new amp, it's more than good enough; it's downright mandolicious! All in all, for a $300 - $400 acoustic amp, this thing rocks. It'll get it's first on stage workout this coming weekend.

Standard pic, as they all look alike.

as50dfeature1.jpg

Sweet Kenny..hope to hear your report after the geeg.. :icon_rr:

Used it at rehearsal last night. Just the banjo. Sadly, not as impressed as I thought I'd be. Still hard to hear in a band situation. I'm thinking it's the typical solid state phenom - sounds good by itself; disappears when the band starts. Been that way with every solid state amp I've ever used. Wonder who makes a tube acoustic amp?

Archived