Heritage Owners Club

Here's Johnny........

brentrocks

Reminds me of my VIP2, but that's an all maple body and yours has no var-i-phase, no bolt on neck nor tremolo. Looks like a STAT with the mahogany-maple combination, the HSS configuration, the glued in neck and the hard tail. Looks like a 162 with the Schaller single coils, but doesn't have its coil tap and tremolo. Looks like Dick Seacup's 160 with its glued in neck, but lacks its tremolo.

Boy this must have been a complicated period around 1988 at the Heritage factory. Even though these types of guitars are not everybody's cup of tea, they are very unique like Dick says. We should also keep in mind that they are hand built and all have their own special character. A great find, Brent. (I thought you were broke! :icon_scratch:)

I took the mystery guitar down to Heritage today so that the guys could see it in person.  Ren and JP dug through some records and found that it was a STAT DELUXE.  There were only 5 of them made, to the best of their memory.  Marv said that they made one for Ted Nugent and one for Clapton too.  Ren also made me a new backplate sticker.

width=360 height=480http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/162%20archtop/P1010005.jpg[/img]

while i was walking around, this 555 cought my eye...what an awesome guitar!!!

width=360 height=480http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/P1010003-1.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/P1010004.jpg[/img]

Brent you say that line ...

I took the mystery guitar down to Heritage today so that the guys could see it in person.  Ren and JP dug through some records and found that it was a STAT DELUXE.  There were only 5 of them made, to the best of their memory.  Marv said that they made one for Ted Nugent and one for Clapton too.  Ren also made me a new backplate sticker.

... as if you were walking down to the corner shop to buy a newspaper, I'm sitting here GREEN with envy  :blob10:

I spy a lefty 150 in that picture, also the gold plated pickups on that 555 look like Fralin P-92s I'd say that guitar is a TWANG monster.

Brent you say that line ...

... as if you were walking down to the corner shop to buy a newspaper, I'm sitting here GREEN with envy  :blob10:

that is the cool thing about that place man.  you can just walk in there w/ your guitar and you are treated so nicely!  all the guys are friendly, fun to talk to.  OOHH, and by the way they are very excited about the Parson Street Pilgrimage in july!!!

AND...i got to see the new H 110 and the new Alex Skolnick sig model....HOLY S**T!!!  VERY COOL!!!!

!

AND...i got to see the new H 110 and the new Alex Skolnick sig model....HOLY S**T!!!  VERY COOL!!!!

Ummmm. plse more more more info on what a 110 is .....

So it was a STAT after all. When do these guys like Nugent and Clapton ever play their Heritages? I wonder if they are on their recorded music!

Makes a lot of sense though, for Clapton. He made his Fender Strat a hard tail and he must have had fond memories of his old guitars with the 17 degree pegheads, the sandwiched mahogany/maple bodies, the mahogany necks, the humbuckers, the stoptail and the nashville bridge. Which is your STAT De Luxe.

I remember coming from the hospital as a kid and my parents gave me some big toy, a real present to comfort things a little. When I had a nose operation (sinusitis) in 2005 I gave myself an H 535 for same (great) comfort.

You deserve this now Brent. To have something to look forward to when you spend a miserable night in the hospital.

So it was a STAT after all. When do these guys like Nugent and Clapton ever play their Heritages?

Nugent is an idiot. The best traits he had he left behind when he went with some sort of solid body and got on his soapbox with an AK47- oh wait - that's not 'american made' is it ;)

was listening to an old Amboy Dukes record I  got at Goodwill- had one pretty neat instrumental.

Ummmm. plse more more more info on what a 110 is .....

the 110 is a chambered solid body, simmilar body to the VIP2, but still a little different, no trem, 2 buckers

the 110 is a chambered solid body, simmilar body to the VIP2, but still a little different, no trem, 2 buckers

sounds good. ....and the really important thing is ..... what shape is the headstock ?

Nugent snubbed Heritage for PRS

I really don't get the PRS thing. But I've never played one. I'm sure they are a joy to handle, but they sound/look rather generic to me.

While i was walking around, this 555 cought my eye...what an awesome guitar!!!

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/P1010004.jpg[/img]

I'm getting wood!  :love7: 

it is the classic 3X3

shweet! 

Archived