Heritage Owners Club

Malekko Analog Chorus

koula901

It's a tiny little thing. It came tonight and it did not disappoint. This chorus sounds great, and that's just using the 9 volt connection. You can use it at 9 V or 12 volts. I've got the 12 V power supply on order (Guyatone). If it sounds good now, it'll sound even lusher with the 12 V connection. I highly recommend this if anyone's looking for a chorus, and you don't want it to take up much real estate on your board.

chorus_R.gif

Okay, I'll try, it may take sometime because I've never made a clip before, nor an mp3, so, have a book on order and as soon as I learn, I'll upload a clip.

I went to the site and listened. :sunny: Nice, subtle, yet very effective. And I really like the size. Would go perfect with my last two pedals, too!! Bet that looks good on your pedal train mini.

Kenny - yeah, you'd be surprised (or not, given you have the Lovepedal) at how tiny it is. It seems that certain parts were discontinued, but this one store, selling through Amazon, has one left (I bought the other one). Here's the technical description:

BRAND NEW! AUTH DEALER! FREE US SHIPPING! For those knowledgeable on the subject, the long since discontinued MN3007 IC's result in a much nicer sound than it's little brother, the MN3207. The MN3007 are coveted by pedal builders and the D.I.Y. community for their superior sound quality. Often counterfeited, these ICs are tricky to purchase. Early in the year 2009 Malekko acquired a giant lot of actual obsolete MN3007 BBD ICs and went to work. The result is a superior lush analog chorus pedal in an unprecedented tiny enclosure...all at an affordable price. This transparent true bypass pedal does not add unwanted frequency, like some chorus pedals are known to do. Small and simple to use, the chorus has two control pots- speed and depth. From subtle warble to super lush seasickness, this chorus sounds fantastic! Although this chorus pedal will operate with a 9VDC regulated neg tip power supply (not included), it will sound fuller, richer, and have more headroom with a 12VDC regulated neg tip power supply (not included). If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. Thanks for looking and ROCK ON!

It's a tiny little thing. It came tonight and it did not disappoint. This chorus sounds great, and that's just using the 9 volt connection. You can use it at 9 V or 12 volts. I've got the 12 V power supply on order (Guyatone). If it sounds good now, it'll sound even lusher with the 12 V connection. I highly recommend this if anyone's looking for a chorus, and you don't want it to take up much real estate on your board.

chorus_R.gif

Nice Katie!! I've been wanting one for awhile now..Was it spendy?

Actually, I'd say yes, $140 new. But I'm returning it, not because I don't like the sound, but I found another pedal that does multiple things besides chorus, i.e. tremolo, phaser, flange. But if you were interested in this pedal, you can acquire it from Chicago Music Exchange - they're being gracious enough to buy it back from me, and you could buy it from them at a discount, becuase there are a few superficial scratches on the bottom of the pedal, caused by me ripping the velcro off. I'll be mailing it out to them this coming Sat.

Yup - it's basically a modulation pedal. And since I don't use modulation very much, I like the fact that it takes up very little real estate on my mini pedal board, and when I want to use Flange, let's say, for one song out of a repertoire of 30, then, presto, there it is - same with phaser, and all the other effects. I imagine I'd be using the trem and chorus the most in this pedal. It will take time to learn how to use it for all the different modes.

Archived