Heritage Owners Club

Wah pedals?

Trouble

Anybody using any of the more exotic ones? I was really curious about the Budda Budwah and the BBE, has anyone used either enough to compare them to something for me? These two are really the only ones that I have never been able to hear in person.

Besides that what does everyone use?

I've tried the Vox 847 & 845, also the Dunlop GCB-95, GCB 95Q, GCB 535Q, and the GCB-95F. Not to mention Digitech's and Boss's multieffect expression pedal wah's. The best one I've used has been the GCB-95F. It has the Red Fasel Conductor and its True Bypass. The others are too expensive to even bother with to me. If we think about it, all the Wah hero's we've known over the years didn't have all these custom boutique wah pedals available today. Even now, they'll use their signature models which aren't much different then the standard Wah's. Maybe a couple minor parts swaps and some fancy colors and designs, but still the basics are the same....

Area 51 wah. Boutique, tweakable for what you like in your wah thang. Spendy and worth it.

Wow! They'll even make a lefty version of this wah!

I have the BBE. I like it just fine, and I like that it is true bypass so in theory it is not adding noise to the signal when not on. It's the only wah I've ever had, though, so I can't compare it to anything for you . . .

Well bring it over and let me listen to it!

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, Teese (RMC) Wah, Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah

I love Jerry Cantrell and Alice in Chains, I thought abought ordering the Jerry Cantrell wah when it came out, but except for the Brass casing I really didn't see where it was any better than say a 535Q. Is it?

Depending on how things go with the new band, I may eventually upgrade to a new wah. Either the MXR/CAE or a Teese, or perhaps I'll by a used one on Ebay and send it to Keeley.

Decisions,decisions.

I have Cry Baby, but I also have an Ernie Ball Wah, which has a smooth action and a nice positive switching action compared to the Cry Baby. It is possible to alter the range of frequency sweep on the Cry Baby by changing the point at which the rack attached to the pedal engages with the pinion on the potentiometer - the possible range of rotation of the pot is greater than the linear movement provided by the rack on the pedal.

Morley Bad Horsie II. Two modes, standard and adjustable contour, optically activated, buffered output, and even adjustable cutoff delay after you stop moving it. Sounds like a wah, built like a tank, has an easy access battery door too. I used to have a crybaby, and this is in a whole different league, IMO

Guest HRB853370

An old lady from Alabama walked up to a young lad on a bike and she looked at it and asked son, where are your pedals? The boy replied, wah pedals?

Archived