Heritage Owners Club

And yet ANOTHER new pedal

tulk1

After a couple of gigs I returned the Lovepedal Amp50. It was nice, but I felt the need for a Vol control. Easier to level things out. So, back up to JHS Pedals. Brought home their Morning Glory pedal. Low gain OD. What I'm liking about it is that it's NOT another take on the Tube Screamer. It's a tweaked out version of the original Marshall Blues Breaker - the one in the slanted black case. Tonite will be it's first gig on the board. Primary use is to poke the front end of the amp a bit in lower vol situations. Or as a first line cruncher in normal volume. We'll see. Standard picture as they all look alike, unless you get a painted one.

shapeimage_2.png

This Thread is USELESS without Sound Clip from Tulk1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Preferably, LIVE sound clip.......... with an extended solo....................... with the Prospect...............I think that's it............)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts after using it in a band mix. Clip would be cool though. ;)

I struggle to find a good crunch to high gain(ish) sounding od to use in front of my Fender. Low gain drive is no problem.

Hope it works out.

The Morning Glory did okay this weekend. Switched between it and the Suhr Shiba, depending on the OD needed. And of course, no OD at times, too. It's very transparent. Need to really crank the gain to get to where it starts to "sound" like it's on. But adds some good sustain and punch well before hand. I'd say it's a keeper ....... for a while. Put the OCD back on, as well. Whatever was happening with it stopped. So, for now it's on the board again. The MG stacks very well with it and the Shiba.

As for clips, probably not happening. Most times the board stays in the trailer with the other gear, and my amp. And .... I don't play very well when I know it's being recorded. Don't play well in music stores, either. Not sure why, but never have.

Archived