Heritage Owners Club

will an audio interface drive a passive studio monitor?

eljay

seems like the answer should be yes, since the interface will drive headphones. better to ask the experts, though. :icon_scratch:

thank you for info! :icon_sunny:

eljay

An audio interface is most likely only going to put out milliwatts of power to a headphone output. The line outs will be designed for 1v operation.

If you don't have powered monitors, then you need to feed a receiver or some other amp to drive the speakers. Most home style monitors are powered these days. I'm running Samson Rubicon 8s, but once I lived with them, I should have gotten the Event TR8s instead. There are a boatload of 5" monitors out there for $300 a pair or less. KRK, Alesis, Mackie, M Audio, Behringer. You won't hear the thumping bass, but they are usable.

thanks to bolero, t-rich, and guitartman! turns out i can use a guitar amp as a monitor, which is good, to avoid more clutter.

i had my equalizer pedal between the tuner and the audio interface and the equalizer was imparting all kinds of nasty noise to the signal--my thought toward getting a monitor was an uninformed attempt to fix the problem.

sound clips of the new Prospect will materialize within a few daze!!

:icon_rr:

Archived