Heritage Owners Club

NAD: out with the new and in with the old

kidsmoke

Well, many of you might recall, and have avoided the posts since, that I've been having trouble with my Bugera V22, a great sounding, but unreliable tube/pcb amp intended as a matchless clone.

I got a repair estimate equal to the cost of a new Bugera, and decided that would be foolish. Decided to put that money towards a new combo.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a 1965 Ampeg Jet, J-12-A. Those of you that chimed on on this thread really helped put me over the top. My local guy had one in his shop, recently professionally re-capped and a new original spec Jensen speaker, some new tubes. Essentially a reconditioned unit with lots of scuffs dings and even paint drips. The leather handle is in great shape though, something that is often a mess on these vintage Ampeg's.

Very light, very loud, great tones.....just sounds great. I'm leaving for a gig in an hour with it. Really excited.

Tonights set

(a 70's ensemble, playing a Halloween set at a Chicago Tavern)

Running on Empty

Venus

Wildflower (skylark)

Sister Golden Hair

Crazy on You

Sweet Jane (Rock n Roll Animal intro)

Lola

Don't Pull Your Love

Since You Been Gone (Rainbow version)

encore

Werewolves of London

I bought my Heritage from this guy, and as a repeat customer of quality items, he gives me a great deal. He even gave me a bunch of pedals to take home and mess with with the amp. Said bring back what I don't want and we'll work a deal on what I keep. He's been doing this for working musicians in Chicago for two decades. Class act, everybody loves him and swears by him.

Pics forthcoming!! Thanks for your help!

Well, I got this thing good and hot last night, for sure. tones were great, Had the thing dimed, all that natural tube breakup. Only problem is that I couldn't get as loud as I'd like. Well no, I was plenty loud, just that other guys got louder. Waiting to see video, could have been my location in front of the kit, perhaps I was more prominent in the mix than it felt to me. Depending on the venue, I could always mic the amp. And you cant get simpler, Power Switch, Volume, Tone, Tremolo. Period, and I see what everyone is saying about the Tremolo on these, fantastic! Although last nights set list didn't call for it.

I'll get some photos soon. Pull the back off the amp and your looking at the guts, super simple. No reason this amp can't keep on making music for years to come, and with the case already a mess, I'm not worried about cosmetics. Tons of mojo on the baby.

Portability is definitely key, and the Jet is surprisingly light, and a little smaller than a BJr. Surprised these aren't more popular.

So, who wants a Bugera project amp with two sets of good tubes??

Sounds like a great amp. Glad you are liking it.

Vol, tone seem like good options to have, tremolo is just the icing on the cake. :)

Another one of those amps that seems like they never sent too many if any to the Southern Hemisphere.

Archived